Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Burning Playstation Games....

NE1????

2. Games   -   #32
    Originally posted by neilandtracy@13 July 2003 - 16:50
    Does anyone know of a place to download the boot disk PS-X-Change 2. It must be copied and put out on the net by now??
    I've heard that the PS-X-Change 2 Disc is specially pressed, so copies won't work. Also, I've tried to copy it and it did not work. So you'll just have to buy it, sorry.

3. Games   -   #33
    I thought the idea was that it was a black bottom disc which is why you cannot just play any CDR, since PS games are black bottom as well. Thus the boot disk fakes the licence crap and loads up untill the PS logo goes black, then you can play anything.

Anyway, I got side tracked and am calling and odering now. Seems there is a good amount of stuff on News Groups to get.

4. Games   -   #34
    Originally posted by REALITY@15 July 2003 - 19:56
    I thought the idea was that it was a black bottom disc which is why you cannot just play any CDR, since PS games are black bottom as well. Thus the boot disk fakes the licence crap and loads up untill the PS logo goes black, then you can play anything.
    Yeah, I burned gameshark 2 on a black-bottomed cd-r and it didn't boot.

5. Games   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by Darkshade+16 July 2003 - 18:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darkshade @ 16 July 2003 - 18:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-REALITY@15 July 2003 - 19:56
    Yeah, I burned gameshark 2 on a black-bottomed cd-r and it didn&#39;t boot. [/b][/quote]
    You probably find that wasn&#39;t a proper Black-Bottomed disc. It&#39;s like true Gold-Bottomed discs are more expensive than Silver, but it is possiably for manufacturers to take a silver disc and make the plastic make it look as though it is gold so that it trickers the consumer, the same probably happened with you and your black-bottomed disc. I don&#39;t know how the Sony Playstation discs work, but I don&#39;t think your average person can buy one...

6. Games   -   #36
    Originally posted by twr7cx+16 July 2003 - 08:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (twr7cx &#064; 16 July 2003 - 08:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Darkshade@16 July 2003 - 18:16
    <!--QuoteBegin-REALITY
    @15 July 2003 - 19:56

Yeah, I burned gameshark 2 on a black-bottomed cd-r and it didn&#39;t boot.
    You probably find that wasn&#39;t a proper Black-Bottomed disc. It&#39;s like true Gold-Bottomed discs are more expensive than Silver, but it is possiably for manufacturers to take a silver disc and make the plastic make it look as though it is gold so that it trickers the consumer, the same probably happened with you and your black-bottomed disc. I don&#39;t know how the Sony Playstation discs work, but I don&#39;t think your average person can buy one... [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re probably right, it&#39;s probably not completely like Sony&#39;s, but whether the disc has a true black bottom or not is probably not the reason cd-r&#39;s won&#39;t work without manipulation. To the best of my knowledge, cd-r&#39;s won&#39;t play on the playstation without manipulation because during the copying process some authenticating files are not copied.

7. Games   -   #37
    Well I ordered the PS-X-CHANGE 2 yesterday, I&#39;ll let you know how it works. I must add after using different sofware like Nero, I have relized Alcohol 120% is the shit, blows nero away when it comes to stuff like this. I have not tried the new Nero 6 yet, but may check it out this week, though Alcohol 120% is a must get.

8. Games   -   #38
    Originally posted by REALITY@16 July 2003 - 21:49
    Well I ordered the PS-X-CHANGE 2 yesterday, I&#39;ll let you know how it works.
    Oh cool. Please tell us if it works with multi-disc games too, thanks.

9. Games   -   #39
    DDRFREAK1030's Avatar DDR PRO xD
    just use the swap method&#33;
    its easy and not really hard

10. Games   -   #40
    Originally posted by DDRFREAK1030@17 July 2003 - 10:07
    just use the swap method&#33;
    its easy and not really hard
    Swap method only works when the games are the same for me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast