Thread: .exe program that appeared in my download folder

I downloaded a few movies and a couple of apps recently, and yesterday noticed a compressed folder in the folder I download to titled "OCCbyLisaFreeGift.exe".

I haven't opened it, but am not sure what it is. Anyone ever seen it?

Also, a file titled "rarreg.key". This was there after an app download, but again I'm not sure about it.
    Thanks, guys!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    KSA's Avatar Pro Skater BT Rep: +5
    Regarding the "OCCbyLisaFreeGift.exe" i don't recommend u to open it, delete it if u didn't request for it in first place, and about the "rarreg.key" it's a registry key, and i think it contains the registration information to the app u already downloaded.

Better to scan them both.
    FLiP all the way!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    The rarreg.key is probably a key generator or serial for the program you D/L 'd as Ksa has said but is there no NFO file for the programs or movies you D/L'd ?

I use a program to read the text files included called Damn NFO , it gives me a heads up .
    Careful scanning the compressed files ,not all Virus or Security programs can scan them .
    KSA is right this OCCbyLisaFreeGift.exe sure sounds like Malware !

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-...O-Viewer.shtml

Another good idea is to scan the files using an online site like this one .

http://www.virustotal.com/resultado....f4df73bf52b835

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thank you for the quick responses. I've already read some great information on the site, and hopefully will have some knowledge to give back at some point.