Thread: laptop keyboard problem

Dry

I have a compaq presario 2500 laptop and have not used for a month and turned it on today and have keyboard problems about half the keys dont work and quite often the "h" and "k" just take off and the the sound goes off till i get them to stop running all the time. Yet if i use the on screen keyboard it works perfectly when i type. Any ideas where to start looking to solve the problem. Its mainly the middle row that dont work and a few numbers bottom row of keys work perfect

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hunter View Post
    I have a compaq presario 2500 laptop and have not used for a month and turned it on today and have keyboard problems about half the keys dont work and quite often the "h" and "k" just take off and the the sound goes off till i get them to stop running all the time. Yet if i use the on screen keyboard it works perfectly when i type. Any ideas where to start looking to solve the problem. Its mainly the middle row that dont work and a few numbers bottom row of keys work perfect
    Did you spill anything on it?

Has anyone else got access to your lappy and may have used it without you knowing?

If not, it needs to go back to the shop.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    only i use it and nothings been spilled on it guess will have to take to the shop

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i know the on screen keyboard works just fine, but if i plug a usb or normal keyboard in should that work ok or not

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hunter View Post
    i know the on screen keyboard works just fine, but if i plug a usb or normal keyboard in should that work ok or not
    It should.