Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do Private Trackers Generally Allow Multiple Accounts to Use the Same IP Address?

Quote Originally Posted by daveed View Post
    *off topic*
    i've read people boasting that they had lost their invites, got another invite and started afresh to gain invites... personally i dont want to go down that route, but others

pretty harsh on genuine users

*off topic*

huh?

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think you CAN have more than one account at OiNK, as long as you seed on both...

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    n00b
    I know that the few sites that DO allow it are very cautious about it and will place you on a "watchlist" to monitor your activity to see if you are cheating your ratio by seeding form one account to the other.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Specifically, how do private trackers handle multiple users that access the networks through a University or College LAN? I'm sure they have Network Address Translation (NAT) on their routers..

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    What I've had to do concerning my boyfriend and I (obviously living in the same house) is chat with an admin and notify them of the situation. So far the sites we belong to have been understanding and trust that what we're saying is true, which I'm very thankful for. We share most of our torrent accounts because there's simply no need for two! But there are a few we like to keep secret (ssshhh! don't tell him about my pr0n! lol j/k) for various reasons but we've had no problems with them.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    same ip is fine as long as there is a legitimate reason!

if ur banned be honest

they hate multiple accounts for same user but if ur upping etc for a friend or something just be honest!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123