Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: how did your nfl team do?

Racket's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlon64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

I'm sorry, but the Packers are mine.

You may continue to root for them if you like.

You can buy them from me if you like, but it's gonna cost ya!
    How did you buy more than 200,000 shares? "With no shareholder permitted to own over 200,000 shares, a safeguard exists to ensure that no individual can assume control of the club." I'm calling my financial company damn it. Class A shares my ass. The lies!

2. Sports Club   -   #42
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by RacquetHD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlon64 View Post

You can buy them from me if you like, but it's gonna cost ya!
    How did you buy more than 200,000 shares? "With no shareholder permitted to own over 200,000 shares, a safeguard exists to ensure that no individual can assume control of the club." I'm calling my financial company damn it. Class A shares my ass. The lies!
    There is a very good chance that my knowledge of the Packers' status as a publicly held corporation predates your birth.

As re: Brett Favre-

He once told me I had a hell of an arm (true story).

My Dad also used to occasionally rouse him from his alcohol-induced slumbers at Frankies sports bar in Atlanta.

He had a maintenance gig there after he retired, and Brett (as we know) was quite the party-guy back then.

When Ron Wolfe brought Brett to Green Bay, my Dad called me to crow about how the Packers got taken.

Funny how things worked out, huh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Sports Club   -   #43
    Racket's Avatar Retired

There is a very good chance that my knowledge of the Packers' status as a publicly held corporation predates your birth.

My Dad also used to occasionally rouse him from his alcohol-induced slumbers at Frankies sports bar in Atlanta.

He had a maintenance gig there after he retired, and Brett (as we know) was quite the party-guy back then.

When Ron Wolfe brought Brett to Green Bay, my Dad called me to crow about how the Packers got taken.

well great for you, but have you been by his house on 98 in MS. It is nice. Yes, I was born and raised in MS and knew Brett Favre as a quarterback in high school/USM/etc and am currently watching his nephew play for St. Stanislaus as quarterback with earnest interest.

edit-why don't you start up a fan club similar to the hair club for men. you could be president!
    edit2- I think my 2 Bachelors of Science and Masters of Science can whip your acquired knowledge from old age, dear sir. Drunken tales don't interest me. Now, if you have knowledge in genetics and transmutations of retroviruses in respect to cytokines, tumor necrosis factor, etc; that would be a more enlightening conversation.

ps. i had this as reason for editing: "I know some psychologists and neurologists that treat narcissism; send me a pm for a referral" but actually I don't have time to trivialize myself with this conversation. Nothing insightful has come from this conversation.
    Last edited by Racket; 10-09-2007 at 04:45 AM. Reason: don't bother me. I charge people for my time.

4. Sports Club   -   #44
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

My Pats are still undefeated.

Bring on the Colts and the Cowboys!

5. Sports Club   -   #45

well great for you, but have you been by his house on 98 in MS. It is nice. Yes, I was born and raised in MS and knew Brett Favre as a quarterback in high school/USM/etc and am currently watching his son play for St. Patrick High School as quarterback with earnest interest.

edit-why don't you start up a fan club similar to the hair club for men. you could be president!
    edit2- I think my 2 Bachelors of Science and Masters of Science can whip your acquired knowledge from old age, dear sir. Drunken tales don't interest me. Now, if you have knowledge in genetics and transmutations of retroviruses in respect to cytokines, tumor necrosis factor, etc; that would be a more enlightening conversation.

ps. i had this as reason for editing: "I know some psychologists and neurologists that treat narcissism; send me a pm for a referral" but actually I don't have time to trivialize myself with this conversation. Nothing insightful has come from this conversation.
    That's quite impressive.

Seems you would (should, actually) have better things to do than banter with scum like us, unless you've been banned from your lab and lost your job, house and family owing to your alcohol abuse, and are typing on a "Rent-to-Own" laptop and stealing WiFi outside a Starbucks, but I digress...

You obviously are a great fan of Favre, his family, AND the Packers, with intimate knowledge of all of these, and are also possessed of a distinct lack of humor or experience on this board.

BTW-

If you have a Masters, why even mention the Bachelors?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Sports Club   -   #46
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    BTW-

Adding insult to injury.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Sports Club   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    BTW-

Adding insult to injury.
    Hadn't thought of that.

Mayhap I could purchase the Bachelors degree at a discount, as I have none.

-Mark Twain

8. Sports Club   -   #48
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Too late...you're married.

BTW-
    The Broncos bite again.
    Having eked out two improbable wins to begin the season they let the Jags push them around as though wheelchair bound and then squandered a ten point lead in Indy.

Meh.

Good on the Rockies though.
    Last edited by clocker; 10-03-2007 at 12:27 AM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Sports Club   -   #49
    Racket's Avatar Retired
    Well, my Biological Engineering degree took 146 credit hours in 8 semesters. My other Bachelors was accelerated; it took me another 69 credit hours in one year. They aren't related so that's why I mentioned them. As for lack of humor, I do have one. I just do not think arrogance is funny at all; neither did other people that saw this thread. Athlon64 and I were joking back and forth about you, if you did not catch it (I guess not). After work, I just don't want to put with any bull*. Any spare time, I try to contribute here, which is why I was promoted.

As for purchasing a bachelor's degree, I haven't really heard of such a thing. If you have a previous degree from a college and donate enough money for a scholarship fund or to build a new building, the college might award an honorary masters or doctorate degree.

10. Sports Club   -   #50
    Well, my Biological Engineering degree took 146 credit hours in 8 semesters. My other Bachelors was accelerated; it took me another 69 credit hours in one year. They aren't related so that's why I mentioned them. As for lack of humor, I do have one. I just do not think arrogance is funny at all; neither did other people that saw this thread. Athlon64 and I were joking back and forth about you, if you did not catch it (I guess not). After work, I just don't want to put with any bull*. Any spare time, I try to contribute here, which is why I was promoted.
    Way more than I need to know about your education, but good on you, nonetheless.

Interesting that someone with your mien has problems with arrogance, and that after such a serious day as you no doubt normally spend, you have time to dally here but then claim to be averse to bullshit.

Odd, that.

In any case, my recently stated preference for this smilie> seems to be having the desired effect.

As for purchasing a bachelor's degree, I haven't really heard of such a thing. If you have a previous degree from a college and donate enough money for a scholarship fund or to build a new building, the college might award an honorary masters or doctorate degree.
    Actually, I was wondering if you could spare yours, as you have a Masters degree and all.

One might get the idea you are hoarding them.

BTW-

Just so we're clear, is your overall message that, in order to present arrogance, one must possess the goods (or, in this case, a Masters degree) to warrant the behavior?
    Last edited by j2k4; 10-03-2007 at 07:26 PM.

-Mark Twain

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast