View Poll Results: Should FST Ban Account Trading ?

Voters
337. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

154 45.70%
  • No

183 54.30%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Should FST Ban Account Trading ?

¤xXx¤ BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    lol the owners of trackers wouldnt stop till invites cant be traded either... and its still money like it or not
    Quote Originally Posted by scribble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy954 View Post
    I say yes/no. Why no? Because it will drive some people out of the forum to move elsewhere because of this. More people here = money for the owner. Doubt the owner wants to lose money.
    the owner doesn't want to get the trackers pissed either.
    most people i think should think trading is bad. Scammers, sellers, and too many cheaters get accounts by trading. It will definitely reduce the amount of that.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    0sec's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +5
    @scribble
    hey you stupid arse, who give you the right to flaming around?
    If you think that my logic is horrible, you should check yours!
    I wont explain what i mean and when it doesnt make any sense for you, simply s***.
    Damn users like you should got banned!

And btw. you are in the BT Invite Trading section... So why are you there if you hate trading?
    Last edited by 0sec; 09-10-2007 at 09:17 PM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    scribble's Avatar Emma Watson <3 BT Rep: +2
    Then why the hell is anyone else here? Most of the users here don't trade.
    you are definitely a trader.
    btw, my logic is quite good. Yours is just terrible.

You will leave when trading is gone. Btw i am here because many people here are very nice, and they know me, and they like me, that's why i am not banned. Btw, i didn't flame you. If you wanna see some flame, post some moar....

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy954 View Post
    lol the owners of trackers wouldnt stop till invites cant be traded either... and its still money like it or not
    Quote Originally Posted by scribble View Post

the owner doesn't want to get the trackers pissed either.
    most people i think should think trading is bad. Scammers, sellers, and too many cheaters get accounts by trading. It will definitely reduce the amount of that.
    Well, trading ruins communities. Yes the owners of trackers wouldn't stop till invites can't be traded, it's correct. I hope it's some time soon. It ruins the P2P Community.
    Last edited by scribble; 09-10-2007 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Emma Watson is Beautiful!

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by optimus_prime View Post
    that's just silly. top trackers are usually traded for heavily buffered lower levels, and banning account trade won't make tracker owners think any better of fst unless it's followed by invite trading ban. and that is the point, is this a private tracker owners support board or user board? you don't trust someone? you don't want to jeopardise your account? then don't trade. asking for banning is a bit nazi

TBH you have some good points and some bad points in my own opinion/experience.

While I am completely against the trading of accounts...
    I dont see any issues with giving people invites... However some sites clearly specify that they should be given to people you know and trust. As we all know 90% of the people who receive invites dont even know the people that invited them.

The topic of this thread clearly states.... ACCOUNT TRADING.
    Which in my opinion could/should not be allowed here.
    All it would basically require is the staff to delete and/or give out warnings for basic (ACCOUNT) trades.
    This would then make the section what it is named (And SUPPOSED to be intended for...) INVITES...
    Invites are not Account trades last time I checked.
    TBH I feel alot of Staff from trackers would feel at least a slight bit better about FST in general if they knew the Staff here were working with them at stopping account trades. Im not saying the FST staff should give ips to the Tracker staff or anything. A simple deletion of the offending threads basically shows they are in some way, shape, and form trying to support the trackers.

However if anything was decided to be changed... It should be up to the users and not based on what Staff from Torrent sites thing. (which is the part Im share similiar view points with Optimus.)

I also doubt it would be removed... and even if it was as chewie thinks... some reps would probably try and get invites section removed as well...
    (But who says its up to the reps to decide anyways... this is a user poll is it not?)
    Another reason I doubt they would be removed is due to the fact... a great MAJORITY of the posts on this whole site are done in the invites section daily. If they removed that section their $$$ making honeypot would be gone. (Not saying they make ubber amounts of money off the adds.) But basically I imagine it costing around $20 a month if not less... to host a forum like this. I see other sites like T-D say they make around $80 a month on impressions. They dont have 1/4 the amount of hits I imagine this site gets for those add views.. Then again im sure quite a few of those adds dont make any revenue at all. But basically to sums it up... if they removed the invites section altogether they would be losing money in my opinion which nobody in their right might would want to do.
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 09-10-2007 at 09:28 PM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    As a trader myself, I say ban all trading. I got most of what I have by trading and from giveaways, but I'm sure I would be fine without trading as well. It would just force me to proove myself more and make more online contacts.

Trading makes the torrent world very unsafe.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    0sec's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +5
    The only thing i will add here is that i only can laugh about such a kiddie like you.
    Get some sleep and cool down...

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    As long as there are rare trackers with awesome material that is difficult, if not impossible, to obtain elsewhere there will always be traders. As long as there is a very limited amount of members and even fewer invites to obtain, there will always be traders.

Sometimes I wish certain sites would allow more members because you never know what they could offer or contribute, making the content even better. However, I guess I can understand why they would want to be a close-knit private tracker. I think.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    whether I trade or Not , didnit matter, I was trying to do GOOD ', respecting totally, of that Site and what did I get? Accuse wrongly... by the REVOLT admin. I could give a Flying F**K NOW !!

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #39
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Its prolly good step, you get scammers, cheaters out of this place (most of them).
    On the other hand, trading is not that bad. Between users, who just want to obtain trackers for their own use and there is no chance for them to get it other way. As everywhere in RL, depends on ppl. There is no Hell and Heaven. For me its 50/50.

Well, with respect to tracker owners.

Voting yes.

ps: scribble, you called him 'idiot' just for his opinion..yes there are many nice ppl here, but u dont seem to be one of them

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #40
    scribble's Avatar Emma Watson <3 BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    As a trader myself, I say ban all trading. I got most of what I have by trading and from giveaways, but I'm sure I would be fine without trading as well. It would just force me to proove myself more and make more online contacts.

Trading makes the torrent world very unsafe.
    that's what you say AFTER you trade for all the accounts you need

Quote Originally Posted by 0sec View Post
    The only thing i will add here is that i only can laugh about such a kiddie like you.
    Get some sleep and cool down...
    lol, because you have nothing to say. gj. you fail noob.
    Last edited by scribble; 09-10-2007 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Emma Watson is Beautiful!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast