Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xp Icons

enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Right click on your desktop select proprtties then click on appearance.Select icon and just change the size to whatever you want.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Poonkie+5 July 2003 - 17:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Poonkie @ 5 July 2003 - 17:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@5 July 2003 - 22:44
    I have been fooling around with my desktop and would like to make some custom icons.

I already have a program to convert photos into .ico files ( whatever the hell they are&#33 so that&#39;s not a problem.

Windows seems to have some sort if size limiter built in and I&#39;d like to know if I can supercede it. I have already made the icon I wish to use and it&#39;s on the desktop, but the size is too small. No matter the size I create, Windows reduces it.

Does anyone know how to work around this?

Thanks.

PS- The OS is windows XP Home.
    You need Windows Blinds etc.Applications that allow you to customise the themes, cursors, taskbar, wallpaper, screensaver,icons, etc. to anything you want, at anytime. B)
    Read all about it even download at wincustomize.com. [/b][/quote]
    Aston is another great one

http://www.astonshell.com

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by clocker@5 July 2003 - 22:44
    I have been fooling around with my desktop and would like to make some custom icons.

I already have a program to convert photos into .ico files ( whatever the hell they are&#33 so that&#39;s not a problem.

Windows seems to have some sort if size limiter built in and I&#39;d like to know if I can supercede it. I have already made the icon I wish to use and it&#39;s on the desktop, but the size is too small. No matter the size I create, Windows reduces it.

Does anyone know how to work around this?

Thanks.

PS- The OS is windows XP Home.
    To add a desktop icon
    Right-click the desktop, point to New, and then click Shortcut.
    In Type the location of the item, type the path and name of the file or program you want to add as an icon, or click Browse to look for the file name, and then click Next.
    Type the name that you want to appear under the icon, and then click Finish.

To create your own desktop theme
    Open Display in Control Panel.
    On the Themes tab, under Theme, click the theme you want to modify.
    Make your changes to the theme. The following items are saved as part of a theme: Control Panel Tab Item
    Display Desktop Background, Position, and Color
    Display Desktop Icons (click Customize Desktop to change icons)
    Display Screen Saver Screen saver
    Display Appearance Windows and buttons, Color scheme, and Font size
    Display Appearance All features on the Advanced Appearance dialog box (click Advanced)
    Mouse Pointers Scheme or individual pointers
    Sounds and Audio Devices Sounds Sound scheme and Program events

When you finish making changes, click Apply on the Themes tab in the Display Properties dialog box, and then click Save As.
    Type a name for the theme and click OK.
    Notes

To open Display, click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.
    If you modify a theme without saving it, your changes are saved with the name Previous theme name (Modified). However, your modified theme will be lost if you select a different theme.
    New themes are saved in My Documents. To open the My Documents folder, click Start, and then click My Documents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12