Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lemark X1185 Problems

I am trying to figure out why a Lexmark X1185 suddenly stopped working. This printer, at one time, did work just fine but for some reason windows XP no longer sees the drivers. I attempted to re-install them and receive the message that "Spooler Service Stopped". When I attempt to restart service I get the "No Valid Ports for the driver". I have Googled this problem and see that it apparently is common and there are a hundred different solutions and, so far, I have not found one that works for me. I searched this forum for a similar problem but found nothing. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

One other odd thing. In "Control Panel" there are no printers listed under printers and the printer drivers do not show up in the "Add/Remove" programs list. Yet, the software is on the computer and listed in programs.

I should note, I have tried to restart the spooler service but still no luck and then I get a reference to the RPC.
    Last edited by coldnorth; 07-16-2007 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    What program(s) did you tweak, change settings & or add/remove just before this happened?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Firefox was the only thing I can think of.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I still have not found a solution to this, anyone have any ideas?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Did you try deleting the printer software and removing the printer , then reinstall from scratch ? If you don't have the software disk thats easy to get from Lexmark's site . Theres support on the site as well .

http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/...10&relevance=1

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Thanks Peat. That is going to be my next step but as I mentioned it does not even appear in the add/remove software list, and the software itself does not appear to have an uninstall option so I will have to delete it manually.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    try in device manager

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    try in device manager
    Ya Zap , he might be able to just reinstall the drivers that way too by clicking update drivers .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I have tried to just reinstall the drivers but because the spooling service is stopped, and will not let me restart it, they just will not install.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Its a shame you havn't sorted it yet but don't give up , printers have to be the biggest pain when it comes to add on hardware .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast