Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling My Pc

Poster
    I'm selling my Pc and going to use my other pc. i could use the money in the future, like a car or better yet college. i don't have to worry about either of them, but i don't want to ask my mom for money for a car or the like. i'd rather buy it myself. yes having like the fastest pc avaible to public users is hot, i don't really need all that power. i'm happy playing games at 640x480 with minimum quality, as long as its playable.
    incase anyone is wondering, my current pc:
    asus a7n8x deluxe
    athlon xp3000
    1024mb ddr444
    radeon 9800 pro 256mb
    the pc i'm going back to:
    not sure of motherboard, i think its a msi mobo tho
    1ghz tbred
    512mb pc133
    geforce mx440

i am going to upgrade the gfx card tho. i can live with pc 133 memory, and a 1ghz processor, but i'm not going to limit playing half-life 2. besides, i'd rather chill with friends and go out with my g/f (i currently don't have 1, prolly becuz of having this super pc). i don't know if anyone here even cares, but i'm just letting you know that i won't have one of the best out there anymore after tommorrow.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    erm.....ok

well done, mr brag

i don't care anyway, you should see the size of my co....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lol

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    haha

oh btw how much did the "super computer" cost you?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    i decided to sell my ol 1ghz machine, but i could have got 6,500 out it. thats including all the extras that went with it. but i won't go into details, when i bought the pc and all the stuff along with it, it cost me about 7 grand. and yes this is us dollars. but i still got the machine, and i got rid of the other one. i was stupid even considering going back.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by gamer@5 July 2003 - 20:19
    i decided to sell my ol 1ghz machine, but i could have got 6,500 out it. thats including all the extras that went with it. but i won't go into details, when i bought the pc and all the stuff along with it, it cost me about 7 grand. and yes this is us dollars. but i still got the machine, and i got rid of the other one. i was stupid even considering going back.
    no offence mate, but you got f**ked like a bitch paying $7000 for this setup

unless you got a couple of 250 gig scsi 10,000rpm hdd's you got ripped off pretty bad

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Athlon 3000+ Retail - Box + 3 Year Warranty

Asus A7N8X Deluxe

Corsair XMS3200 DDR RAM (only 434MHz, however, you don't really need anything more than the fsb of the cpu)

Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB

250GB WD HDD (can't find any 200GB ones, 250 next more expensive)

23" Sony LCD Monitor (couldn't find any 22" on this site)

22" Philips CRT Monitor

6.1 Speaker Set

throw in a case, about £ or so, a power supply at £50 and other odds ane ends, say £50 again and what is the total?

£4111.99

now, at the current exchange rate of approx $1.67 US per £ sterling, that gives us:

$6867

which is remarkably close to your estimate, but how much different are parts in the us then the uk? a general conversion would be approx 65-70% of the prics, so 70% of $6867 is:

$4806.90

and this is for 100 gig more storage space than your current setup and for a 1" larger lcd monitor

of course, things will have come down in price since you bought them, but by over $2000?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@6 July 2003 - 04:14
    Athlon 3000+ Retail - Box + 3 Year Warranty

Asus A7N8X Deluxe

Corsair XMS3200 DDR RAM (only 434MHz, however, you don't really need anything more than the fsb of the cpu)

Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB

250GB WD HDD (can't find any 200GB ones, 250 next more expensive)

23" Sony LCD Monitor (couldn't find any 22" on this site)

22" Philips CRT Monitor

6.1 Speaker Set

throw in a case, about £ or so, a power supply at £50 and other odds ane ends, say £50 again and what is the total?

£4111.99

now, at the current exchange rate of approx $1.67 US per £ sterling, that gives us:

$6867

which is remarkably close to your estimate, but how much different are parts in the us then the uk? a general conversion would be approx 65-70% of the prics, so 70% of $6867 is:

$4806.90

and this is for 100 gig more storage space than your current setup and for a 1" larger lcd monitor

of course, things will have come down in price since you bought them, but by over $2000?
    Having trouble sleeping?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by callum@6 July 2003 - 04:21
    Having trouble sleeping?
    pretty much

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    iamtheoneandonlyone's Avatar Andromeda Ascendant
    Sell it for 400$. It's guaranteed someone will buy it. But I don't think you'll get much people to buy your computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast