and u take me serious

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    No CLOWN BOY, I don't.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    BANNED
    No CLOWN BOY, I don't.
    that good we need more rather then :flame: :flame:

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I've got a question for you guys. Recently PG has stopped a bunch of FBI scans
    on my system. I always before thought that they checked and saw which IPs are
    connected to the Kazaa Network and then only scan those folks that are on.
    Yesterday I got FBI scanned and I wasn't even running Kazaa. I think I got about
    18 FBI hits or more all from different IPs in their range. Should I be at all
    worried about this? Thanks.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    If i were you i would run. they know where you live B)

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    BANNED
    RIAA if your reading this baord email me and ill sent u back my IP adress I take the cha;;enge

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Personally I've never bothered using it. I do have it somewhere on my P.C but never really liked the thing. Besides if the RIAA, FBI and Mediaa force (as well as the rest of the companies that are featured on the "big lists" of recommended IP's to block) were as big a threat as they like to make out then they've already worked out how to outsmart Peer Guardian and are happily picking off hundreds of sharers as they go

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    So seriously, should I be worried at all? It is not like I have ever really had that much stuff to share in comparison to others. Also, since the threat of large groups suing I have barely been logged on and my share folder is at a minimum. Am I being paranoid for nothing?

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    The thing is really, it would stop you from downloading the file.

Technically, the can't prosecute you if you haven't downloaded the file. Mainly they don't have the proof. You could have just accidentally stumbled to their IP.

I mean they can't prosecute you for using a program thats legal to use, and since it is downloadable and is promoting that we download this program....

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by cyberdman@8 July 2003 - 08:17
    I've got a question for you guys. Recently PG has stopped a bunch of FBI scans
    on my system. I always before thought that they checked and saw which IPs are
    connected to the Kazaa Network and then only scan those folks that are on.
    Yesterday I got FBI scanned and I wasn't even running Kazaa. I think I got about
    18 FBI hits or more all from different IPs in their range. Should I be at all
    worried about this? Thanks.
    what were the specific ips? without those and doing a whois it wouldn't be possible to know- there are some bad lists floating around- make sure to stick with the recommended list (not the whole list) from the pg database- it's getting flooded right now with morons submitting colleges, universities, and even bigger morons doing whois searches and submitting ranges of 200 to 32,000 ips based on port scans from individual ips (there are millions of port scans a day and most have nothing to do with anti p2p groups- that's what friggin firewalls are for) if anyone reading this is one of these ppl stop doing it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast