Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peer Guardian

Poster
    Okay, I got Peer Guardian yesterday. Already, I've had 11 blocks. I'm just wondering if it does anything productive, because if I got 11 blocks yesterday, odds are that the MPAA, NetPD, Vidius, and the RIAA have tried to get into my computer before. SO, what I'm wondering is if there's any point in using it. Will it actually work or will it just irritate the bots/'hackers'? Thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Forum Star
    They use automated bots I guess. I don't think they care if you closed a connection or not.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Cool. Where can I go about downloading more blocked IP addresses? Thanks again!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    BANNED
    it still is not proven PG works most of the time it block innocent people

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    for those besides adthomp that just like to bash peerguardian you can check out the ranges at http://methlab.tech.nu/ and there is a new forum for ppl who want to make the ip database better but id hold off coz they're ironing out the kinks...

as for pg's effectiveness you are better off importing the ips into your firewall as pg monitors and closes tcp/icp connections- a good example of a firewall being quicker than pg in closing out connections is when i have both pg running and the ips imported into zapro4 the firewall will block the page from opening before pg ever gets the chance (a closed connection does not register with pg) also consider that anti p2p groups are using udp connections which pg is not designed to deal with- but a firewall obviously is...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by adthomp@8 July 2003 - 05:21
    it still is not proven PG works most of the time it block innocent people
    Once again, think before you speak and toss about your one liners all over this forum.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Once again, think before you speak and toss about your one liners all over this forum.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    hmm. whose the real newbie here lol

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    people who are paranoid

and think kazaa is dead

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I think you'de be the NEWBIE if judged by content little one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast