Thread: Max Payne 1 Then 2?

Poster
    Hi I just got MAx PAyne 2 and I'm wondering whether it would be a wise decision just to jump right into playing MP2 or to play the original Max Payne first.

I haven't got Max PAyne yet, but if deemed necessary or if the predecessor has got some vital information or highlights that need to be played before Mp2 can be fully appreciated, I wouldn't mind downloading MP first and playing it before I began with the second.

I need opinions people, your comments and suggestions are most appreciated.
    And does anyone have any info on how big the original Max payne bin is? I don't suppose it's 2 CDs like the 2nd right?

It took me 1 week to download max payne because out of that 2.;5 weeks, I spent 4 days searching for a download location.

2. Games   -   #2
    It follows on, but no big deal, I never. Just get in on MP2. Then when your mates are on about it, you wont feel left out.

3. Games   -   #3
    There is a "priviously" section that will explain the story from the first one. After you are done the second you will want more so you will probably want the first one. But there is not need to play it first.

4. Games   -   #4
    Yeah, in a nasty comic strip, I hate that, but apeals to some people.

5. Games   -   #5
    Octopussy
    i think you SHOULD play max payne 1 first...it was a awesome game you will love it and then you will love it more that you have the other game ready to play right then

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    ah well I'm already into max payne 2, currently part 1, chapter2.

Question:

If you played cs you know if you switch in console, 'hud_fastswitch 1", you can switch to your weapons once you press on 1,2,3,etc without having to click again to confirm.

Can you do the same for max payne 2?? Because the clicking thing is annoying me.

7. Games   -   #7
    Originally posted by RedRival@25 October 2003 - 18:16
    ah well I'm already into max payne 2, currently part 1, chapter2.

Question:

If you played cs you know if you switch in console, 'hud_fastswitch 1", you can switch to your weapons once you press on 1,2,3,etc without having to click again to confirm.

Can you do the same for max payne 2?? Because the clicking thing is annoying me.
    i dont think you can fix that

my mouse is pissing me off i cant change the throwing grenades and such because the MB3 button is stuck so everytime i pick one up it automatically throws it and when i go to change it picks MB3

8. Games   -   #8
    If you play Max Payne 1 be aware of the dream part.
    It's super annoying when the game controls you and you can't do jack sh*t about it.
    I think I died like 1 gazillion times before I finally got through that crap.

9. Games   -   #9
    Originally posted by Johnny_B@26 October 2003 - 01:17
    If you play Max Payne 1 be aware of the dream part.
    It's super annoying when the game controls you and you can't do jack sh*t about it.
    I think I died like 1 gazillion times before I finally got through that crap.
    oh god i bought the fucking strat guide just for that it was pissing me off so much... im happy the dreams in 2 arent like that (at least the ones ive done arent )

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    Max Payne 2 is difficult for a third person shooter!! even in detective mode.
    I cheated after the first few parts of the game (when ppl were starting to shoot me from the top with SMGs while im out of ammo on my single pistol with no painkillers&#33.

Brr, i'm not gd at MP2 I have to say, I even had to use the jump30 cheat to get mona back on the scafolding after falling down 3-4 times.