Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ipod vs sansa

Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    can ne one tell me which mp3 player is the better, ipod or sandisk sansa?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

I really like the new iTouch because of its WiFi feature.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Search the forum for "sansa". You'll find my fondness for them well documented.

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I'd go with the ipod classic. Up to 160GB of storage!!! I'm even thinking of purchasing one of those myself.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I've had both...

they both are eh...

it just takes a little bit more time to get used to the sansa

but if you are looking for more features... sansa wins cause it has a radio/ and mic.... plus you can change themes

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    ROFL-LOL's Avatar I Like You BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I go with Ipod. It's very easy to use.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I would say get anything but an ipod. :p

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I have also been thinking about this.
    I can't seem to find a comparison on sound quality but as far as features and cost its sansa ftw.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    go for ipod if you have the budget to go for it its the best.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by dave12 View Post
    go for ipod if you have the budget to go for it its the best.
    iPod is certainly the best looking mp3 player on the market IMO but it is at the least contentious to say it's the best:

In my experience, iPods and iTunes should be avoided at all costs:

Although there are alternatives, iTunes is the preferred method of managing an iPod for most owners as it's 'free and easy' (as my son put it) but... iTunes installs QuickTime without asking when it's unnecessary and adds at least two processes to start with Windows (three including QTStart).

Most other mp3 players allow you to drag and drop files onto the device in Windows and they'll happily play them. iTunes likes to create folders all over the place and rename the files arbitrarily so if you browse your iPod in Windows you haven't got a clue what you're looking at. You can't just drag and drop on an iPod.

If you want to legally purchase mp3s, you must purchase from Apple or they won't play on your iPod. This is anti-competitive and a breach of trust. Microsoft were prosecuted by the European Parliament over the inclusion of WMP in Windows and they're currently doing the same with Apple over this.
    Apple's response? To claim the European Parliament is encouraging piracy by doing so.

Sound quality of music ripped with iTunes is not as good as equivalent bitrate rips through LAME, the de facto mp3 codec.

Finally, every fucker's got one. Yeah they look cool but there are two people where I work that have iPods and no computers. That's reason enough to get something else (better).
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast