Thread: Svcd Problems

Knowledge is Power
    I downloaded Finding Nemo, the centropy release, which is two cd's, that's two bins.

I extracted the bins diectly on my pc and they won't play with any player, I tried bsplayer, classic media player, LAN player, wmp9, none of them worked.

They crash upon the intent of opening the file... the one that gave me the best result was LAN player, it was the only one that actually played something... no picture and bad sound... for instance, you would hear it for one second, then one second of silence and so on (Not exactly one second, just to give an idea).

Next thing I tried to do was converting the two extracted mpgs to avi, but thatn won't work for me either.

Then I tried to burn the images, everything went well, I inserted the cd on my cd player (I don't have a dvd rom or a stand alone dvd player) and it was recognized as an scvd, but when trying to open it in with bsplayer or wmp9 they both crashed.

I don't know what else todo do, I don't think the files are corrupt because they extracted with no problems at all, however I keep in mind that this might be a possibility.

Finally I use the k-lite codec pack. Do you think I'm lacking some codec and that's why the movie won't play?

Thanks in advance.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    get the full codec pack you might need the mpeg2 codecs it has.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Knowledge is Power
    Finally I was able to watch as a scvd with powerdvd, but I want to be able to watch the mpgs extracted directly from my hard drive...

I have the latest full k-lite codec pack, I don't understand what might be wrong.

Edito: typo.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    you can watch the mpegs with powerdvd as well if you insist on extracting the mpegs from the bins, even though i havnt a clue why you would want to di this.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Knowledge is Power
    Nope... when I try to open the mpgs directly they give me the same errors I described above...

I want to do this, because I prefer to run things from my hd... it is most a matter of preference than anything else... and also because I don't like it when something doesn't work, so I have to keep trying until it does as it is supposed to.