Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question About Peer Guardian

Arm's Avatar Poster
    All those IP addresses on the IP datebase for Peer Guardian, where do they come from? How does someone get all those IP addresses?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    A lot of them are submitted by everday people through the feedback section of their site. People watch traffic and do research and then post them.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    Yeah so how do we know PG evern works most of the time it is innocent people we block

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    because there are ppl like me that monitor the submissions and badger the admins to remove the bad ranges...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by adthomp@8 July 2003 - 06:26
    Yeah so how do we know PG evern works most of the time it is innocent people we block
    Actually, that is quite rare. Usually bad ranges affect regular web surfing. I also have submitted bad ranges in feedback which are generally removed in a day or two. It is NOT mostly innocent people who get blocked, think before you speak.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    Actually, that is quite rare. Usually bad ranges affect regular web surfing. I also have submitted bad ranges in feedback which are generally removed in a day or two. It is NOT mostly innocent people who get blocked, think before you speak.
    Ive used it before it was a pain in the ass was getting 1000 blocks from evil corparation everyday litertly

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    that's fine but there are currently efforts to improve the database and ppl have the option of using the recommended list where ranges have been voted "thumbs up"- the system needs improved by ppls' efforts...not lazy critics

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by dingdongding@8 July 2003 - 06:57
    the system needs improved by ppls&#39; efforts...&nbsp; ==>>not lazy critics<<== (I saw that and agree)
    Well said, in addition I used to get the same amount of large blocks, but as of late with list under 70 million it seems to be alot more effective and accurate. I would imagine its been quite some time since he has even used it.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Well said, in addition I used to get the same amount of large blocks, but as of late with list under 70 million it seems to be alot more effective and accurate. I would imagine its been quite some time since he has even used it.
    True I havnt used it in 2 months it gave me the shits too much made my computer lag being 56k user doesnt help either

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    PG made you computer lag?? What are you running a 386 or a commadore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast