Thread: The Reverse "osmosis" Theory

Just in case user's started to get sued by the RIAA's actions---What if a software (kazaa/kazaaLite) were to turn the tables on how the whole process of file sharing works???

What if a list of file "requests" from users were stored and allowed other users to see this list. If the user had this file, he/she would then allow that person to download...and so on. This would be in order recieved as requests came in and only if you are currently online would requests remain in the datbase to be viewed and allowed download.

Thus, eliminating an open "shared" folder for the prying eyes of the music industry folk, etc. Nobody would know what anyone had on their harddrives

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    you have to remember that agencies such as the riaa have the blessing of some recording artists to share music. this would therefore make the method of sharing a moot point

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by amphoteric88@6 July 2003 - 18:31
    you have to remember that agencies such as the riaa have the blessing of some recording artists to share music. this would therefore make the method of sharing a moot point
    I have no idea what you just said has to do with what I just posted

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by ultramagna+7 July 2003 - 02:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ultramagna @ 7 July 2003 - 02:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-amphoteric88@6 July 2003 - 18:31
    I have no idea what you just said has to do with what I just posted [/b][/quote]
    sorry
    your system seems to be based on trust that users are legitimate and not riaa (or similar agencie&#39;s employees)
    any riaa employee could easily "outsmart" your system

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Nope, it&#39;s not based on any type of security or anything. It&#39;s just based on:

Who cared if you allow a suit to download from you. At least they won&#39;t be able to tell if that&#39;s the only file you&#39;re sharing or if you have 10,000 files which you are sharing and there will be no shared folder that will be open and saying come in for crawling by those agency--making more difficult.