Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to limit Up speed while maintaining Down speed in utorrent?

Just set the TOTAL outgoing speed to approx 80% of your total outgoing speed and you should be fine overall.

For specific torrents there are individual settings for each torrent you can adjust to your liking.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by shishio64 View Post
    hi
    im using utorrent for quite a while now and i still can't figure out how to limit the upload speed for certain torrents without limiting the download speed. whenever i limit the upload speed by right clicking the torrent, choosing bandwidth allocation and setting the upload speed to the desired value, my download speed seems to be directly affected by it...
    is there any way to limit the upload speed while maintaining download speed in utorrent?

Thanks!
    It's the way bittorrent works - the faster you upload, the faster you download.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Yoga Novice BT Rep: +2
    how do i upload more than i download (btmusic upload woes) ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    kelly338825's Avatar "Torrent Chick"
    Many things also factor in even if you specify the ul speed, such as the number of seeds and peers.How many other torrents your currently seeding.And if you do change the setting of an ul or dl speed on an individual torrent to compensate for the speed of another, its easy to forget .Be sure to remember when the other torrent is finished make sure to go back and fix your settings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12