Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how long can you watch a bad movie

Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    10 mins or i will break the TV

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    I'd say about 15-20 min. If I'm not into it in 15-20 then I know it's going to be pointless to watch the rest. I do tend to be alot more tolerant when I'm working on the computer cause then it's just background noise.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    respect's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankkingsley View Post
    I always watch a film to the very end. Every film deserves a complete chance.
    I agreed, for example when I was watching The Illusionist, I don't like it, but for me the end it's great

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by respect View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankkingsley View Post
    I always watch a film to the very end. Every film deserves a complete chance.
    I agreed, for example when I was watching The Illusionist, I don't like it, but for me the end it's great
    I feel like thats a lot of wasted hours watching something thats not for you which can be used to watch other quality films.

I feel the same about books btw.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    I watch some right to the end, hoping it will get better, it never does

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick View Post
    I watch some right to the end, hoping it will get better, it never does
    Yeah, thats the worst kind. It's not so bad that you just want fling the disc like a frisbee outta the window but instead baits you to watch longer, you hoping for something redeeming to happen. 99% of the time, you realize thats an hour or so wasted which you'll never get back.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by respect View Post
    I feel like thats a lot of wasted hours watching something thats not for you which can be used to watch other quality films.

I feel the same about books btw.
    So a lot of waster hours translates into 1hr30-2hrs..., since that is how long the average poorly made movie is (some I've watched just teem over the 1hr mark).

I usually sit through a bad movie, just to laugh at the bad acting, which usually is a good sign of a bad movie; unless it is a 3 or 4hr-long movie (*cough* LOTR *cough*). I'm not saying lotr had bad acting (or wait, maybe i am [*cough* Orlando Bloom *cough*]); I'm just not into superficial fantasy movies. It's my opinion, and I know it isn't popular (hence 8.7/10 on imdb )
    Last edited by Brenya; 09-29-2007 at 08:07 PM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    ROFL-LOL's Avatar I Like You BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I usually watch bad movies 10-20 minutes. Not longer.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    I usually sit through a bad movie, just to laugh at the bad acting, which usually is a good sign of a bad movie; unless it is a 3 or 4hr-long movie (*cough* LOTR *cough*). I'm not saying lotr had bad acting (or wait, maybe i am [*cough* Orlando Bloom *cough*]); I'm just not into superficial fantasy movies. It's my opinion, and I know it isn't popular (hence 8.7/10 on imdb )
    Im not the biggest fan of lotr either. I was forced by my significant someone to watch it again for the second time a few weeks back which is pretty much equivalent to holding a gun to my head. All 3 extended versions in one day. Straight.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    All 3 extended versions in one day. Straight.
    hot damn!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast