Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Bittorrent vs. Newsgroups

lsw0794's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    newsgroup is pretty good
    i use free server,it's speed is very fast too
    it's problem is free server is too less
    Time and tide wait for no man

2. File Sharing   -   #92
    I like Bittorrents, u can download big files with quite a descent speed sometimes..Thatīs always nice...

3. File Sharing   -   #93
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopdo2g View Post
    Newsgroups looks crappy :
    *monthly fee
    *old stuff
    *slow ass speed

BitTorrent looks better :
    *Absolutely free, thou some brainless peopz pay for invites...
    *Good speed on new torrents
    *Scene releases
    *You can support Torrent tracker only if you want, it means you don't have to pay a cent, if you don't want...
    *The very wide choice in variety of tracker from Aussie to African to Asian, you have everything...

+20

4. File Sharing   -   #94
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMalistic View Post
    *monthly fee
    *old stuff
    *slow ass speed

*Scene releases
    *You can support Torrent tracker only if you want, it means you don't have to pay a cent, if you don't want...
    *The very wide choice in variety of tracker from Aussie to African to Asian, you have everything...

+20
    Ignorance is bliss.
    I get the newest stuff, at the fastest speeds (13Mbps, my lines limit), in the most secure way possible.
    And best of all, I'm totally leeching. Downloading about 500-600GBs a month!!!

My Usenet account is well worth 20 bones a month.
    Last edited by Broken; 01-23-2008 at 05:56 AM.

5. File Sharing   -   #95
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    Sounds like newsgroups are the hidden gems. At least for the pros.

6. File Sharing   -   #96
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    *monthly fee
    *old stuff
    *slow ass speed

*Scene releases

+20
    Reading this, I felt like I was being bukakked with stupid.

It isn't even debatable information. The "facts" you're listing are just flat out wrong and it shows your blatant inexperience.

Get a clue before posting such blather which only provides genuinely inquisitive members with false information.

yo

7. File Sharing   -   #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

+20
    Reading this, I felt like I was being bukakked with stupid.

It isn't even debatable information. The "facts" you're listing are just flat out wrong and it shows your blatant inexperience.

Get a clue before posting such blather which only provides genuinely inquisitive members with false information.
    +1, personally i think every means of downloading have some advantages and disadvantages; if your looking for oldies and rare stuff use emule, pron and most of dialup user go for rapidshare, asian movies/music= megaupload,if you want to do some downloading while extending your e-penis go for torrent, and lastly for heavy downloading internet user i'll say NG is your answer

Quote Originally Posted by typeoholic View Post
    Even the better thing out is still Rapidshare, Megashares and so on it's better than Newsgroups in my view, because i can compare Newsgroups to Limewire or such as emule they are slow for me...
    With Rapidshare i get what i want when i want and for free since i uploaded some few things on a free account then i got premium... But newsgroups doesn't offer that kind of stuff, they like the money too much and advertising too much as well...

No offense to you, but Rapids**t doesn't even compare to torrents in the least bit. I'm running a 10mb DL / 5mb UL DSL, and I will put money on the fact that torrents will blow RS out of the water any day of the week or month. How do I know? I moderate a warez forum where everything is on RS/MS/MU, and I have premium accnts to all of the above.

Torrents are faster; I have proved it on this end.
    @typoholic, your statement might be true for rs/mu if you dont use download manager to get your stuff. yes i've use torrent before, both in private and public trackers, and so far the best downloading speed that i've had is around 700kbps, where as if i use flashget or MU manager i normally got around 400kbps per file for 3 files at the same time, and the fastest speed that i've had so far is 700 kbps perfile at the same time for 3 different files, now i was wondering what trackers do you use or you simply made up your statement-since i dont see any proof at all- and yes i've hold both RS and MU account for more than 2.5 years now, and i do know to get my sh**t even before the existence of warez-bb, forum-w,and projectw
    Last edited by bungeemirth; 01-24-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. File Sharing   -   #98
    Use whatever you prefer. Although why somebody would downloading something on BT when it is on usenet is beyond me. Yeah I really want to sit on a tracker for days getting my ratio up. But sometimes I have to. I think we should all say a big thanks to those posters who make all this possible and stop spinning around what is better. Who the hell cares I don't.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

9. File Sharing   -   #99
    mud0k's Avatar Member
    i prefer newsgroups for the speed & ease of use - simple click on nzb and you're done, with giganews & hellanzb

lately i've become curious about the level of private torrent sites; from what i've gathered, only TT might compete with newsgroups for my trance needs, but so far i've been unable to get invited - it seems like there's this scheme where ppl with long private torrent experience & many invites trade invites among themselves for the lulz & others with desire & bandwidh to share are simply left out
    Last edited by mud0k; 01-30-2008 at 01:46 PM.

10. File Sharing   -   #100
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mud0k View Post
    for my trance needs
    Perhaps TranceTraffic would be good for that? Although I never was a member of that site, seems very hard to get into there..

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast