Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bittorrent vs. Newsgroups

Poster BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    just go with ddls, they use servers in germany and across europe that are highly secure and no one has got busted yet using them (ie rapidshare, megaupload, megashares, depositfiles etc.)

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Well I have a Rapidshare Premium Account and if you use it in combination with FlashGet it is indeed nice. Compared to the Usenet it is a little sphere of resources but growing. That said, the access is often nice and very easy especially if you know good boards or blogs with content you like.

Still Newsleecher with SuperSearch also looks very promising, an ocean of data in very nice interface. The cool thing is it somehow reminds me of old File-Swapping programs as you can just type what you want inside the application and get results for further procedure, backed by the technology usenet.

Anyway I would never want to miss torrents, even if it was only the aspect of community, crafting with your own technology or whatever. While you often can't get as many volume as you could with other methods, torrents are very flexible, you indeed are part in the act of filesharing and in my opinion it also carries a lot of the P2P spirit, especially like here at FileSharingTalk where we can feel a cool and active torrent scene.
    Last edited by Sonnentier; 01-01-2008 at 06:18 AM. Reason: improve language and flow of text

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Usenet have the newest stuff, but some groups you have to pay. And most torrent site you don't have pay. If prefer torrents

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    BT is superior. If you're willing to pay a monthly fee then you may as well buy a seedbox and have access to more content and more variety in private trackers.

It does depend on your interests, though. My favorite sites are KG and Waffles -- Newsgroups don't approach either of those sites in terms of content or community.

However, if ArenaBG or TL is your thing, then you might be better off with NGs.
    Last edited by orfik; 01-02-2008 at 06:48 PM.

"Be easy, my ninja."

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i like usenet more because i can download massive dvdr dvd9 dvd live concerts without worry for my ratio or lack of seeders or low speed .i pay $9.99/month/100 days retention its not much at all compared to seedbox price
    Last edited by r77; 01-01-2008 at 08:19 PM.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Newsgroups offer the best speeds if you have the best services. The variety is limited but if you have knowledge of the groups you wish to acquire then u should be fine. Torrents offer much more in terms of content but they aren't faster than newsgroups when it comes to the elite services newsgroup servers offer.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by orfik View Post
    BT is superior. If you're willing to pay a monthly fee then you may as well buy a seedbox and have access to more content and more variety in private trackers.

It does depend on your interests, though. My favorite sites are KG and Waffles -- Newsgroups don't approach either of those sites in terms of content or community.

However, Ii ArenaBG or TL is your thing, then you might be better off with NGs.
    If only you knew how foolish your statement was...

Newsgroups don't approach those sites in terms of content?? That statement alone displays your outright inexperience and lack of knowledge.

As has been said by Cheese, newsgroups is by far the superior option between the two. Using Giganews, Newsbin, and Grabit I have 200+ days of content to download* at max speeds which downloads, fixes and extracts itself.

* As an example, Newzbin provides me with approximately 120,000 posts of content** whilst the average on my private trackers is about 10,000. Usenet search engines reveal hundreds of thousands of files available.

** That's new and old content. At max speed. All the time. With no need to upload.

There's no contest really.
    Last edited by Skizo; 01-02-2008 at 08:04 AM.

yo

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by orfik View Post

However, Ii ArenaBG or TL is your thing, then you might be better off with NGs.
    If only you knew how foolish your statement was...

Newsgroups don't approach those sites in terms of content?? That statement alone displays your outright inexperience and lack of knowledge.

As has been said by Cheese, newsgroups is by far the superior option between the two. Using Giganews, Newsbin, and Grabit I have 200+ days of content to download* at max speeds which downloads, fixes and extracts itself.

* As an example, Newzbin provides me with approximately 120,000 posts of content** whilst the average on my private trackers is about 10,000. Usenet search engines reveal hundreds of thousands of files available.

** That's new and old content. At max speed. All the time. With no need to upload.

There's no contest really.
    I was just about to chew him out when I read your rebuttal

Usenet is far superior in terms of content and speed. If I can't find something on bittorrent, I'm almost certain to find it on usenet.

Some people have said that private trackers are just as fast which is true, for the first few days. But I doubt you can find a 6 month old torrent as fast as usenet at 6 months old.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I'll probably stick with bittorent. Rapidshare is the new Newsgroups to me though.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    newsgroups are a great way to max out your connection for very effective leeching purposes.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast