Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cable Tv

Poster
    Build yourself a black box, you can find manuals online. That's all I'll say.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Those don't always work and the guys at Radio Shack will laugh at you (don't ask). Just search for cable descramblers on google and buy one. I don't know candian laws but if it is like the US's I think that it is legal to own but it is illegal to use without teling you cable company first, but who would want to steal cable. Its almost as bad as stealing music and apps over kazaa and who would do such a thing?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    On shaw cable the signal is digital and requires a cloned adrressable chip to work. A generic descrambler won't work. Even the cloned ones often fail here because either the master is discovered and disconnected or the manufacturer of the clone decides not to pay for the authentic account anymore. Sometimes a cloned chip is only good for three months and then you're out $200 or more.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Intresting...Im sure glad that doesn't happen where I live.

Maybe you could just pay for the cable or become friends with balamm. Friends could be good because I think balamm has access to the ip logs.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Twist3r
    get a cable descrambler on ebay there cheap but make sure you get one that works in your area because u cant return shit on ebay usually

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    You are a fool if you are going to hook up a physical line that is illegally receiving a subscribed service to your house....

The sat community is having a hard enough time in court fighting off charges on alleged tv interception through the air that has no physical connection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12