Thread: Pc Vs Mac

jonathan_tijuana's Avatar ...
    right now i'm at school and i have to make an essay comparing both computers

but i don't know a lot about mac. can someone help me please, i don't know if

here is the best place to ask. but if someone know anything just tell thanks i

don't have a lot of time

Jonathan B.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Well there&#39;s the spelling for a start

Sorry pal, couldn&#39;t resist. I don&#39;t know for certain but if you are looking for a quick answer I would suggest posting this in a more popular area of the forum like the problems, questions or even the lounge or simply PM a mod and asking them to move it to where they think you have the best chance of a quick and reasonable answer. Sorry I can&#39;t be of any help to you. if I am in contact with anyone who might be in the know I will point them in your direction. Hope the essay goes well.

I would recommend Lamsey he seems to know his stuff and always tries to help.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    jonathan_tijuana's Avatar ...
    thanks any way

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Macintosh powered by MAC OS |The Personal Computer powered by WINDOWS
    -Made by a company called Apple |-Made by anyone
    -The system is usally an all in 1 |-Customisable you can have your own look own
    system where everything is in 1 |monitor own case etc.
    thing including the monitor |-Can change hardware
    -Cannot change hardware |-Usally has a floppy drive
    -No floppy drive
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    I got an Associates degree in computer graphics. All we ever used were MACs.
    Now I use Windows (PC), because there is more Windows software available than MAC software.

The MAIN difference is, that the MAC is geared towards graphics and multimedia. PC (or IBM) just can&#39;t work as efficient as a MAC.

I am not sure about the hardware or motherboards on the MAC, never had to build one. However, the software I have tried is great.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    The fundamental difference between Macs and PC is hardware Macs use RISC (Reduced Intruction Chip Set) chips and PCs use CISC (Complex Instruction Chip Set) chips. PC are actually better for 3D Media (there are no CAD program for MACS) because of the CISC architechture. The MAC OS is superior to DOS based PC OS&#39;s but since NT and XP this is not the case.

This used to be the case but Macintosh has change the chip manufacturer since i did this research.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Macs are prittier. If you at school and all you want to is type get a mac. If you want to download stuff, play games and type get a pc. With PCs you can get all of the software for free (not telling how). Macs are getting to be better and better but right now I would say a PC is the better option

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    with OSX, i&#39;d say one of the big differences is that MacOS now has Unix compatibility built in, while on PC you&#39;d normally have to install Unix on a separate partition and boot into it (or use a virtual machine program to get it running alongside windows). for the average computer owner this doesn&#39;t really mean anything, but for some people it could make OSX extremely convenient for their needs.