Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Banned from Oink for no reason!!

Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    u r right pal, but as i saw this release in many popular trackers(thought it was a scene), i uploaded @oink, i never knw it was a transcode

Quote Originally Posted by Castanti View Post
    On the plus side, you can save some bandwidth for imageshack by taking the "oink.cd user" part out of your signature now. Should save about 5 kb per page view.
    Ps dude, don't make fun abt it, u dont know wat oink means to me,
    Last edited by raj3186; 09-19-2007 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Yeah I wish they would be even more strict in dealing with people who can't follow the rules.

I say ban everyone ripping with EAC and using 0 offset too

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Banning somone for a bad upload is harsh, but thats Oink for you. And in fairness it does clearly say on the upload page not to upload that album. Id usually suggest trying your luck on irc but with Oink I doubt that will work. You will just have to try for another invite and pay more attention to the rules next time.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    I thought about uploading stuff at oink when I first joined but then I realized after reading a few things it's not worth putting your account at risk.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It's quite simple to find out what to upload or not. Try going through the tutorials forum at Oink and learn how to identify bitrates and transcodes. And if you got something from some other tracker, look at the do not upload list before uploading.

A site with what's closing in on 200.000 members needs rules. Simple as that. I have noticed that most of the bad rips, transcodes etc. come from people uploading for the sole reason of getting ratio. People that actually want to share music usually at least make a little effort to do it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by extinguisher View Post
    it was deleted 7 times already for being a transcode, before you uploaded it. there's a warning on the upload page telling you that torrent is a transcode. you uploaded it anyway and ignored all the warnings. you deserve to lose your account for not following the rules or the warnings.
    Yeah I wish they would be even more strict in dealing with people who can't follow the rules.

I say ban everyone ripping with EAC and using 0 offset too
    What's wrong with EAC?

yo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123