Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Remove Programs From Add/remove.

If you have programs that are stuck in add/remove programs. How do you get rid of them. And how can you know if you got all of the program uninstalled. Help please? I know you can remove them from the list from the registry. I just forgot where it is. And I'm not sure if what i'm removing is totally removed from my computer.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Define what you mean by "stuck"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    try reinstalling them.. then uninstall

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Stuck. The same thing happened to me while uninstalling part of the bundled software that came with the computer. It was microsoft suite, money, and maybe another. There were several "entries" in add/remove programs, and I accidently installed everything except for the "customization" program which happened to be an uninstaller. So since the uninstaller program couldn't find anything to uninstall, it got caught in a loop. Finally, good old xp figured out what I did and everything I wanted gone disappeared from the add/remove programs screen.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    how about removing icons from control panel? right clicking doesnt work, pressing delete doesnt work...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    by stuck i mean there's no uninstall file i believe. Or it can't find the program or where it's located. Sometimes there's nothing left but a few files that stayed because of an error when i uninstall something. So most of the program is gone, but it still stays in add/remove programs. There's a location in the registry where i can get it to come off but i've forgotten. but i also need to make sure that it's totally uninstalled also. isn't there some kind of program out there that does this?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ok say i got the file "Killer Tank" stuck in the add and remove i would search the regedit for "killer tank" and remove all the keys with that in it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    u can use a program called "Full Uninstall" also.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    you might not want to go deleting every resgistry entry from that. You'll end up messing up your registry and i dont keep a backup.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by dmorgan89@7 July 2003 - 19:35
    If you have programs that are stuck in add/remove programs. How do you get rid of them. And how can you know if you got all of the program uninstalled. Help please? I know you can remove them from the list from the registry. I just forgot where it is. And I'm not sure if what i'm removing is totally removed from my computer.
    You can do this using TweakUI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast