Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCC account disabled .. need their irc

My account was disabled too... =(
    I really don`t know why. I receveid an invite from a friend.
    Chalisto, I sent you a PM, explaining everything.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    Wait don't give away invites to people you don't know but open sign up is ok?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Most the top private sites started as open sing up. Its pretty hard to hard to start off invite only, costs alot.
    Last edited by JazzyJeff; 09-22-2007 at 06:43 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalisto View Post
    DO NOT GIVE AWAY OUR INVITES.

It's very easy if you decide to actually read.
    so giving away an invite to a dude i know from a bar would be ok.
    giving it away here for free to somebody i trust and who has shown proof is forbidden?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Staff at some site..
    If you know him good enough, you would'nt talk about it public.. eg. offer it in invite section, or whatever.
    Hence it would be fine..

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    as much as I don't agree with invite/account trading, I don't see how you can go from open signups to banning users for giving away invites. in the long run, it probably caused the site more harm by being open signup. considering a torrent on your site was mentioned in the mediadefender emails that leaked. if they had an account there, most likely the mpaa, riaa, media companies, scene members, and whoever else that's anti-p2p has an account. the site has already been compromised, what harm are these people causing you by giving out invites for free?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Most of my friends in real life dont understand the meaning of torrent and ones who do dont care about private trackers as they only like leeching from public sites
    If I give invite to them I would have sleepless nights
    Thats why I bring my invites here as most of people here understand what sharing means
    Anyways, i had a ratio over 5.0 on my SCC acc so seriously I donno if its my loss or theirs

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    i will give an invite to my grandma - i totally trust her.

inactivity might become a problem though

but she will definitely be the oldest member for one week - will she get a grey star?
    Last edited by Polarbear; 09-22-2007 at 09:02 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    unattended's Avatar White & Nerdy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I think the difference between SCC having open signup and letting people give away invites to people they don't know is that SCC has control over the signup and can end it whenever they want. Plus alot of people on this forum cheat.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by fazzy07 View Post
    Most of my friends in real life dont understand the meaning of torrent and ones who do dont care about private trackers as they only like leeching from public sites
    If I give invite to them I would have sleepless nights
    Thats why I bring my invites here as most of people here understand what sharing means
    Anyways, i had a ratio over 5.0 on my SCC acc so seriously I donno if its my loss or theirs
    that´s your loss dude.. most definetly
    zOMG I´m on Abraxas´ ignore list. My life is over!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12