Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: theDVDclub registration..

Racket's Avatar Retired
    I tried to get some of my buddies to get me an invite code really quick because I was in a hurry. I then saw the application process..I filled it out. When I can home from racquetball, someone had pm'd me at SCT to confirm it was me. Very soon, I was emailed an invite code. Very efficient application system imo.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    TDC ***** BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by chichucu View Post
    i fill the apllication two times and i got good ratio in the sites that i put the links and the two times it said "Your application for a new user account on TheDVDClub.org has been assessed by staff, and unfortunately at this moment in time you`ve been unsuccessful, please try again in the future."

i dont understand why
    If you actually filled out the user app with the name you use here I could tell you to. But since you don't I can't.

So sorry

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    I like the application system a lot. It helps weed out people who actually want to use TDC and people who just want it to add to their collection or trade it off.

If you aren't personally going to use your account, they won't accept you. It's pretty simple.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster
    [quote=Spooky;2292279]Nope,

We mainly look at your reason for wanting to join the DVDClub. We then check to make sure your nicks are the same on different trackers. If they are not usually means something fishy. If you are not a member of other trackers we search anyways (Make sure you aren't lying to us).

It is a long process, but well worth it for the quality of users we have.

Spooky
    TDC-Admin

So I need to make all my nicks on the trackers the same so I don't smell fishy?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Hey Spooky thanks for the info it provides a little more insight on what TDC is looking for.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster
    Any word when the application system will come back? I think I messed up my 1st application and would really like another chance.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    aslanozzy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Hey guys, how do you actually give proof ? Im a member on a few torrent sites and have good ratios on all. Is it safe to give my user name or other information they request for appications ?

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    I just linked to my profiles at various trackers. If you have nothing to hide and no dirt, then I'd say you're just fine. That's just about the only way to give true proof, as any screenshot or the like can be photoshopped or faked with javascript. :/

Meaning, yes, that's precisely what I did and I deem it safe (though not 100% of the time nor with any tracker/staff, but with TDC.. sure).

Though, and while I by no means mean you specifically, if someone were to present as proof tracker accounts they'd only traded into, and thus could be part of a bad invite tree or have an otherwise black mark, I imagine that'd be a poor choice on their part.
    Last edited by kaoblanco; 10-03-2007 at 07:01 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    they need an invite code? dont they?

Left out

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    They? TDC? or new members?

This thread is about the application system TDC was running a while back. In leiu of (well, in tadem with) the invite system.

Sure, if you have a friend who's got an invite then you can get in the normal way (which is yes, a code system), but the discussion here is about TDC taking applications from prospective members.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast