Thread: Supertrick And Does It Stop The Riaa?

Argento
    1. Does this program actually work in not letting your cable company know you're uploading to an p2p network (kazza lite). And if it does will it be able to hide your from the RIAA and their lawsuits?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I think supertrick only blocks ads

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    It does stop the RIAA, MPAA, and others that are trying to get you, but i do not think anything can stop your ISP from knowing what your downloading and uploading. Your ISP can check and see what sites you've ever been to, what programs you've ever downloaded, what you upload on kazaa, what u download on kazaa, and more. But....you could always use the defense that ur ISP is invading your pricacy as an American Citizen ( if ur american,...i dont know about other countries) which might stop a lawsuit because since they invaded your privacy.

EDIT: ya dlingeverything is right the supertrick only blocks ads but because of the way u were talking about this i thought u meant Peer Guardian.

EDIT: Well maybe you can use the Hosts File as a Firewall....thats a VERY good idea. I never thought of that...You could maybe add a IP range to the Hosts File to block which would make that IP think your computer doesnt exist so you would not get caught.....damn...that is a very nice idea...i gotta try it....i'll block like all AOL users and see if it works.But before i block all AOL users i need to know AOL's IP Range....anyone know?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Will someone help me find AOL's IP Range?...im gonna test it...if it works then i wont be able to contact any of my friends with AOL

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    yo someone respond to my question please?

EDIT: Shit g2g maybe because the wind is picking up here and gettin real strong and its night time and i can see really bright white flashes of lighting that are about 10 miles long. Seriously.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    First, I think AOL users are in the 172 range, but I'm not sure.

Second, localhost and blocking IP's are not one in the same since the localhost only redirects you from connecting to a web site by giving it the address in your host file (like an address book) which is set as 127.0.0.1, thus your computer does not continue to find the actual site.

Finally, this would not stop incoming traffic of any kind which is where uploading occurs and what PG and a fw do, and where you would potentially get in trouble.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Forum Star
    The hosts file can only be used to block website names, not IPs.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    AOl owns most of the 10.XXX.XXX.XXX Block. (yes I know how many tha is but know most are in that range somewhere.