Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148 ... LastLast

Thread: IRC Channels and Tracker staff members at FST

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    No you should always try and get help from the IRC of the site that you're having trouble with if that fails you then you can post a thread about it in the BT section. CR's tend not to like direct PM's.

2. BitTorrent   -   #372
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    No you should always try and get help from the IRC of the site that you're having trouble with if that fails you then you can post a thread about it in the BT section. CR's tend not to like direct PM's.
    Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate it. (that doesn't means I'm having trouble at trackers though )

3. BitTorrent   -   #373
    Well others with the same question will se the answer here then

4. BitTorrent   -   #374
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I may have to retire as a CR on here, that does not mean i wont be around, i will probably be here more than ever tbh, but we have just made new rules on BCG, because I am getting sick of the idiots we have giving us a bad name.

This quote is taking from our forums. Wrote by me btw.

Ok, i am getting a bit sick of these, and it may just be the minority, but this is from a sysop on another site, not having a go at us, just basically stating the obvious.

I think a lot of these must be at BCG. I have not really wanted to say this but almost every cheat or trader we have had at ****** and ********* (dont bother trying to work out the stars to letters, they are totally different) for the past couple of months, when they come into irc.. they ALL go.. "But I am at BCG and FST". Like that entitles them to cheat or something. I have no idea why that is the only site (I can't really count FST as a torrent site) they mention over and over again.
    So we are going to start coming down hard on the Cheaters, Traders, Sellers etc, not that we do not already, but we very rarely give the info out of a user that we ban.

Now we are going to, so you wont just be banned from this tracker, it will be a global ban from every tracker we can get in contact with, and that is quite a few.

So to put it in laymans terms, its about time we got rid of the shit, and had a mass clearout.

Your actions at other sites will have a consequence on this site as well, if we hear of you trading, cheating, being abusive to staff of other sites, you WILL be banned from this one.

We will re-write the rules eventually, but this is just a heads up that it is starting now.

BTW, giveaways on public forums are now against the rules as well, not that anyone has any referrals atm, but when they are back.
    So if i did not retire, and went catching members that done giveaways, I would be a bit of a hypocrite.

5. BitTorrent   -   #375
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    it was a big twist in your previous philosophy. you said you wouldn't bother chasing cheaters and leaking their info to other sites.
    must have been pretty serious this offence to BCG i guess.

6. BitTorrent   -   #376
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well we have always banned cheaters, but until recently we did not have the contacts to report them to other trackers, now we do.

(invite) Giveaways and traders though, up to now we tended to turn a blind eye, or at least keep it in house, but its even getting to me the amount of crap we get, and thats not like me at all. So yes it is getting extreme.

7. BitTorrent   -   #377
    NorBis's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    plz if any one Know NB Staff here tell me plz
    thx

8. BitTorrent   -   #378
    Stoi get me on MSN please maybe we can work it out somehow. I'd hate to lose you so easily man. As far as cheaters go you know we don't condone that one bit and have disabled many for it when they are found out. So for them to use that excuse is just plain lame, and frankly it pissed me off that they would use FST in that way to try and get out of their own bullshit mess they have created on their own. I am a little unclear though how a ratio cheater problem has to do with the trades situation. perhaps you can elaborate here or in private if you prefer. If you feel they are somehow abusing the agreement between us why not come to me. I'm sure this can be worked out between us.
    Last edited by Detale; 01-09-2009 at 07:06 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #379
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I may have to retire as a CR on here, that does not mean i wont be around, i will probably be here more than ever tbh, but we have just made new rules on BCG, because I am getting sick of the idiots we have giving us a bad name.

This quote is taking from our forums. Wrote by me btw.

Ok, i am getting a bit sick of these, and it may just be the minority, but this is from a sysop on another site, not having a go at us, just basically stating the obvious.

So we are going to start coming down hard on the Cheaters, Traders, Sellers etc, not that we do not already, but we very rarely give the info out of a user that we ban.

Now we are going to, so you wont just be banned from this tracker, it will be a global ban from every tracker we can get in contact with, and that is quite a few.

So to put it in laymans terms, its about time we got rid of the shit, and had a mass clearout.

Your actions at other sites will have a consequence on this site as well, if we hear of you trading, cheating, being abusive to staff of other sites, you WILL be banned from this one.

We will re-write the rules eventually, but this is just a heads up that it is starting now.

BTW, giveaways on public forums are now against the rules as well, not that anyone has any referrals atm, but when they are back.
    So if i did not retire, and went catching members that done giveaways, I would be a bit of a hypocrite.
    Strange, why would anyone try to justify cheating by being a member of BCG. Coincidence maybe?

Anyway, have you heard of the BTban project? That might be of some assistance to you.

10. BitTorrent   -   #380
    Its just the Title CR, tbh without the stars for CR no one knows I am CR unless they come to the thread and see i am CR so its pretty pointless anyway.

As for the "perk" we get where you stop account trading, but we have to allow invite, giveaways/trades. I just dont think its worth it, they will just go somewhere else to do it where i cant see them, so may as well let them do it here, so i can see them and ban there assess.

I will still be a CR in actions, I just do not want the Title anymore (even though i have no title lol), as i want a free reign for me and my staff, to start coming down hard on Invite giveaways and trades.

Its not so much what has cheats got to do with trades, probably nothing, but we want to clear house, and get rid of most of the crap we have (and we have a lot of it).

So that includes, Cheats, Giveaways, Trades, Selling, members.

PS: never heard of the BT ban Project lol

PPS: plus you have 3 CR, 2 from Community trackers, as in they have less than 4,000 members, but all questions for those are kept mostly in house, and then you have me and my site, where most problems are aired in public on here.

So something must be wrong with something or other, to just only have 3 CR (now 2) (when there are 40+ sites on the net) and both of those have no invites anyway (so the account trading they get the perk, the allowing invites does not bother them as they have none lol)
    Last edited by stoi; 01-09-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148 ... LastLast