Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: No drivers in XP when down grade?

  1. #1
    Hi, I am not sure where this topic will go but it can be moved. I understand this an file sharing p2p website but don't handle Windows too much. Maybe someone here can refer me to a site forum or maybe someone here can help me troubleshoot?

    In the past i tried to down grade from Vista to XP Pro. I have Vista on my PC right now but when down grade. It wouldn't recognize there is an Ethernet card to connect to internet. No professional company can help me because it is a validated copy. I am not sure what other hardware it will or won't recognize. What information does everyone need to help me troubleshoot? I hope someone can help me. Kind regards.

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    what kind is your network card?
    there's two things in this life i hate; 1. Cultural discrimination and 2. Gypsies

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,106
    If you want to use XP then just format the hard drive and install XP. I don't know why you would want to do that, but it would work. You could even do it as a dual boot system, get the advantages of both. If you don't have the bottle for that stick another hard drive in and make it the master, then install XP on that.

    I am currently favouring the student licence if you can get your hands on it. It doesn't have any problem upgrading or anything as M$ expect it to be loaded on like a brazillion machines. Bearing in mind it's for people studying how to install windows XP as opposed to a version of XP for students.

    Oh and pish in the floppy. That helps as well.

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    i find a screwdriver in the disk drive and a mojito over the monitor helps, or maybe i'm just a cock telling a tale.
    there's two things in this life i hate; 1. Cultural discrimination and 2. Gypsies

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagarga View Post
    i find a screwdriver in the disk drive and a mojito over the monitor helps, or maybe i'm just a cock telling a tale.
    That would work as well but it's a bit technical for a bloke who is struggling to tell Grabit his username and password.

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    If you want to use XP then just format the hard drive and install XP. I don't know why you would want to do that, but it would work. You could even do it as a dual boot system, get the advantages of both. If you don't have the bottle for that stick another hard drive in and make it the master, then install XP on that.

    I am currently favouring the student licence if you can get your hands on it. It doesn't have any problem upgrading or anything as M$ expect it to be loaded on like a brazillion machines. Bearing in mind it's for people studying how to install windows XP as opposed to a version of XP for students.

    Oh and pish in the floppy. That helps as well.
    It's not that easy. It is not recognizing my hardware.

    My card name is:

    Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    Come on guys be serious. I want to use XP. NO screw driver.

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,106
    Quote Originally Posted by php111 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    If you want to use XP then just format the hard drive and install XP. I don't know why you would want to do that, but it would work. You could even do it as a dual boot system, get the advantages of both. If you don't have the bottle for that stick another hard drive in and make it the master, then install XP on that.

    I am currently favouring the student licence if you can get your hands on it. It doesn't have any problem upgrading or anything as M$ expect it to be loaded on like a brazillion machines. Bearing in mind it's for people studying how to install windows XP as opposed to a version of XP for students.

    Oh and pish in the floppy. That helps as well.
    It's not that easy. It is not recognizing my hardware.

    My card name is:

    Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet
    On the assumption that you have access to the internet, which seems a reasonable call. Download the drivers.

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by php111 View Post

    It's not that easy. It is not recognizing my hardware.

    My card name is:

    Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet
    On the assumption that you have access to the internet, which seems a reasonable call. Download the drivers.
    What drivers and what model and where would be best?

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,106
    Quote Originally Posted by php111 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post

    On the assumption that you have access to the internet, which seems a reasonable call. Download the drivers.
    What drivers and what model and where would be best?
    I've spent a lot of time trying to help you. I wouldn't have if I had known you were taking the pish.

    TTFN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •