Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can i get an ISP service of another country?

All ISP services are very crappy where i live both in down/up speed and in down/up speed ratio (the best service here is 6Mbit download with 600kbit upload and its quite pricey too). so i was wondering if there is a possibility for me to acquire the service of an ISP of another country or an international ISP (if such a thing exists), or am i better off with purchasing a dedicated server/seedbox? sorry if im mixing a lot of irrelevant things together, im still new to this stuff...

Thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    like a satellite broadband ??
    Last edited by blackbird; 09-20-2007 at 06:20 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Member BT Rep: +1
    sorry, i misunderstood the question ...
    Last edited by huqiming; 09-20-2007 at 06:25 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
    yup it is a very good net my friend own it and it is a very fast internet bit the equimpent cost a lot and if you wanna good satellite broadband provider use Astra net

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sakingsny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
    yup it is a very good net my friend own it and it is a very fast internet bit the equimpent cost a lot and if you wanna good satellite broadband provider use Astra net
    would it work well if im living in the middle east? and do they provide both the internet service and the modem,wiring, satellite etc.?
    is there another alternative apart from satellite?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Satellite broadband now that's an interesting idea. Unfortunately you can only get astra-net if you live in 1 of 3 countries.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Astra doesnt seem like a practical solution, it probably doesnt work where i live and in any case, from what i understand it uses your current ISP to deliver their service, but when your ISP limits your speeds it doesnt realy help....
    Also i dont even know whats the down/up speeds Astra offers.
    is there any other (practical) solution you can offer?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    First off, the only way to use an international or foreign service to connect to or use on the Internet is via satellite. DSL, Cable and standard dialup access are all bound to national and local owners therefore your choice is limited.

Well, ordering and using a satellite internet offer from another country can work if you are inside the satellite broadcast range. A friend of mine did that a few years ago as there were no such offers in Austria yet and despite the prize, he has been happy about it.

But that aside, you'll probably never be satisfied enough with those offers (assuming you're living somewhere in Europe) because they are rather expensive (i.e. 1MBit/s = 30 €). The cheapest offer I know is skyDSL with an offer of 50 € for a 4MBit/s Flatrate (plus an option for 24MBit/s with additional transfer fees).

If you think this over, your local ISP with the 6144/600 offer might just be the best solution because you're also saving yourself some trouble.

Depending on what your goals are, you might just want to rent a seedbox or try Usenet access if you have trouble keeping ratios.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    can you get the same service like astra in the middle east?? i heard about satellite internet, but its super expensive. i would like a price range around 50-60 euros. i hope anyone can help. thanks

shishio64 - sorry for entering your thread like this

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Your better off getting a dedicated server/seedbox. However to transfer the files (download them to your computer) all depends on your isp download speed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast