Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bring back the old ratio system to FTN

ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by isabel.pirate View Post
    I started to write a long post but it was going off topic so I will start a new post. I Just want to say that I have 190 torrents open on my computer all waiting to get to 1:1 some dating back to April. Most are from oink which people say is hard to keep a ratio (not if you seed for a long time) There are never more than a few running at a time but they do there thing in the back ground.

Ftn has done great a great thing trying to change the mentality of torrenting. It is too bad all the reckless teenagers with large disposable incomes and fast connections work there way up the ladder and get invited there. It sickens me to see people ask for speed tests. They should ask for greed tests.
    Now you sound like a sensible lass.

For me its a case of seeding until I feel that the torrent is dead. On some sites it may be a week, on others it may be months....got one that's just over 6 months.

What FTN have done here is a very brave move. I just hope that the members appreciate this as they have done it for your benefit. If you can then seed longer....36 hours is nothing really.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by fifty99 View Post
    I know you are talkin about the trading ladder ... but sites like FTN should not be avalable to traders ... there shoul dbe some sites that u need to earn an invite too ... and by that i mean the invitee not the inviter ...
    No - I was talking about the "asking for speed tests" side of life, wtf has a speed test (ergo a seedbox!) got to do with how good a member you are or how good a seeder you are or how good you are at not HnRing or how good you are with respecting other members views or how good you are at interacting with other members, etc, etc, etc!

Sites prefer good members over idiots who brag about how large their e-penis is and are never seen in their forums, and sites should be available to all, only when you fuck up should you never be allowed back.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by isabel.pirate View Post
    I started to write a long post but it was going off topic so I will start a new post. I Just want to say that I have 190 torrents open on my computer all waiting to get to 1:1 some dating back to April. Most are from oink which people say is hard to keep a ratio (not if you seed for a long time) There are never more than a few running at a time but they do there thing in the back ground.

Ftn has done great a great thing trying to change the mentality of torrenting. It is too bad all the reckless teenagers with large disposable incomes and fast connections work there way up the ladder and get invited there. It sickens me to see people ask for speed tests. They should ask for greed tests.
    Now you sound like a sensible lass.

For me its a case of seeding until I feel that the torrent is dead. On some sites it may be a week, on others it may be months....got one that's just over 6 months.

What FTN have done here is a very brave move. I just hope that the members appreciate this as they have done it for your benefit. If you can then seed longer....36 hours is nothing really.
    Couldn't agree more the new system rocks

only thing I would add is if you can't seed for 36 hours then get the fuck out...the minimum should be 1:1 or 168 hours

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Time will tell.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by sear
    the minimum should be 1:1 or 168 hours
    Don't push it, sear.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    I can't believe some people with poor connections are complaining. This is an amazing system for you, you should appreciate it and share as much as you can. I agree with sear 36+ should be increased, I currently seed everything I ever download oink, bitmetv etc. until they expire and would be more than happy to do so on a tracker where i can download whatever without worrying about ratio. Download within reason of course, don't be greedy and keep as positive a ratio as you can.
    Last edited by JazzyJeff; 09-26-2007 at 11:23 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    The post made by the thread starter gets my vote for most ungrateful post.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    FTN staffers are the best staffers around. You might think they´ve gone mad with power ( which they have every right to do ) but they are very down to earth and just plain "normal"

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    ft.n has great staff and friendly users, my favourite community. from what I have seen so far the no ratio thing has made the site a lot more active, I still think there should be a 72hr seeding rule but I am not complaining at all

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    i find it hard to believe that ppl are complaing about an awesome system..... and most are complaining about seed times!!!??? man how petty and zay are you ppl... if you have bad connections then get a seedbox pure and simple.... stop whinning about that you have to seed 36+ hours.... it isn't a very big deal.... i'm pretty sure most of the ppl complaining would be bitchin a lot worse if the old system was still in place... hehe..

IMO these whinners, are very selffish, and only thinking of themselves... and most likely hit n runners... the system now, curbs that! lamo..... FTN ROCKs!!!

and i hope the staff keeps up the good work!
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast