Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring back the old ratio system to FTN

RobertDouglas
    You probably thought that the ratio is completely gone on FTN . You probably thought that FTN became friendly to the users with slow upload speeds . You were wrong .

Now not only they want you to have a fast pipe , but also to have all the individual torrents in your torrent history marked with green . Yes, not the overall 1:1 ratio, but on every torrent . So if you think about getting an old torrent - don't bother , you will wait ages for someone to leech from you .

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    If you thought they were going to just let you leech everything, that's just silly.

yo

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Well nowhere on that post edit does it say you have to have all your torrent history marked green so you might be pushing it a little far.

But I know most torrent sites staff are able to see at what average speed the seeder is seeding at and if the member is only giving a few kBs on every torrent it does make it look like the member is capping his upload or either he/she is on dial-up.

I am not saying you did this since I am not on staff but just giving my 2 cents on this.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Why not post your concerns in the threads on FTN dealing with this topic or just pm the staff member who wrote you that message? No need to post it here.
    Last edited by coolbeans; 09-26-2007 at 01:21 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I was wondering that as well, did you cap your upload speed?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    freedom's Avatar Kizuna ^^ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbeans View Post
    Why not post your concerns in the threads on FTN dealing with this topic or just pm the staff member who wrote you that message? No need to post it here.
    good remark. talk about ftn in ftn forums or ftn irc. here this kind of threads have no future.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    SkullForce's Avatar Donga Bonga BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    it is not good to cap the upload speed, but after FTN hided the ratio the seeding state increased so the user couldn't upload as he were doing before. Also it is impolite to threaten a member by banning if just his speed came down. we are not in the army, we are just having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by coolbeans View Post
    As if he did he will win a warning or even be banned.
    Last edited by SkullForce; 09-26-2007 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    RobertDouglas has an FT.N invite! Flood his inbox with begging PMs!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    freedom's Avatar Kizuna ^^ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    RobertDouglas has an FT.N invite! Flood his inbox with begging PMs!

counting starts now..

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Seedub
    Do not forget some members are forced to have low speeds due to traffic shaping, which is becoming rather common for ISP's to do nowdays.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast