Thread: Mp3 To Atrac3plus?

Ok i know sonicstage simple burner can convert mp3 to atrac3plus but are there any standalone converters?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    NO

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    no lol are you sure?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ok maybe anyone that has experience with atrac can help since it's not to common yet. with sonicstage simple burner about how long should it take to trans-encode 400 mp3 files?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Don't know what format you're talking about, but i can say that it depends on quality. For CD quality, it usually takes ~2 minutes per track to convert between most formats, while with near-CD (96 kbps), it's significantly faster - about half a minute per track. But 400... that's crazy, i'd say just leave it at mp3... i have ~1500 songs on my comp at this time, i'd hate to think about converting them to, say, ogg....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Ynhockey@9 July 2003 - 16:39
    Don't know what format you're talking about, but i can say that it depends on quality. For CD quality, it usually takes ~2 minutes per track to convert between most formats, while with near-CD (96 kbps), it's significantly faster - about half a minute per track. But 400... that's crazy, i'd say just leave it at mp3... i have ~1500 songs on my comp at this time, i'd hate to think about converting them to, say, ogg....
    Atrac is a format by sony and it can be used on the new atrac cd player i got by them. when converted to this format I can put up too 490 songs on 1 CD that why i need the mp3 to atrac3plus info. u should check the cd player out they kick ass

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    This would depend on the speed of your processor.

Atrac is a format by sony and it can be used on the new atrac cd player i got by them. when converted to this format I can put up too 490 songs on 1 CD that why i need the mp3 to atrac3plus info. u should check the cd player out they kick ass 
    I believe this format was only introduced, by Sony, to avoid any legalities that may arise due to music piracy.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Cool Edit pro might support it.. dunno

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    cool edit pro might? Anyone know for sure?