Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading From 98 To Me

angel_of_death57
    Please someone help me:
    I close all programs then put the Windows ME disc in the my drive it loads up and then i start it to install and it does the checks then says ihave already have a OS installed and need the ME upgrade disc.
    Somebody help me

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Don't install ME.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    angel_of_death57
    I want to my 98 sucks. Please help me out.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Honestly ME is worse then 98. Is there an upgrade option when you put in the cd? If not you will either need to reformat and start fresh or get an upgrade disc.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    angel_of_death57
    It does say do you want to upgrade but then later on says i need to uninstall my current OS and sice i used Tune-Up my uninstall logs are all gone.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    angel_of_death57
    It does say do you want to upgrade but then later on says i need to uninstall my current OS and sice i used Tune-Up my uninstall logs are all gone.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Ouch, why in the world would you delete your uninstall logs? That's probably part of the reason why your computer is messed up. Knowing that, you will almost certainly have to reformat if you want to upgrade.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    angel_of_death57
    Its the stupid Tune up program it gets rid of 64mb of information.
    I need to uninstall Windows 98 some how to get ME installed and would all my files stay if i did.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Forum Star
    Format your harddrive and do a fresh 98 install.

Stay away from win ME. It's evil.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    angel_of_death57
    I won;t upgrade to ME then put should i down the Upgrade to 98 Seconf Edition i had the full disc a while ago but said same thing as ME disc but on kazaa there is a windows 98se upgrade file about 123mb could this upgrade my pc to 98se.

And how do i re-format my pc do i loose my files in doing this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast