Thread: Sfv Rar Files?

Hi all,

Just downloaded a playstation game that is made up of sfv-rar part files i.e rar part001 rar part002 rar part003 all the way up to 22, how do i put all these files toghether to make a cd image disk??????? never come across this before any help would be great. cheers!!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Open part001 or part000( if you have one) with winrar and it will assemble the image.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks callum, its saying part001 is corrupt is there anyway to fix it or should i just try download it again?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by ISthisLEGAL.com@8 July 2003 - 23:02
    Thanks callum, its saying part001 is corrupt is there anyway to fix it or should i just try download it again?
    Are you sure it is corrupt. When you tried to open with winrar. Did winrar show you the image file in it's window.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    yes it did show the image file but when i tried to extract it, it started then 3 secounds later it stoped and said "you need the following volume to continue part001" so i selected part001 again then it stops and says "CRC failed this file is corrupt"

i have downloaded it again and its still doing the same thing, am i extracting it wrong????

am really stuck now

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    right click or maybe at the top and choose repair. It probably won't work but it's worth a try.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by ISthisLEGAL.com@9 July 2003 - 01:32
    yes it did show the image file but when i tried to extract it, it started then 3 secounds later it stoped and said "you need the following volume to continue part001" so i selected part001 again then it stops and says "CRC failed this file is corrupt"

i have downloaded it again and its still doing the same thing, am i extracting it wrong???? 

am really stuck now
    Did you rename any files?

Also if you do a search on google for SFV checker(I think it's called that), you can open the sfv file and it will check that you have all the files and that they are okay.
    Been a while since I used it but I think that's correct.

And make sure you use winrar.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    chalkmongoose
    Use WinAce 2.5RC2, it works much better. Also, try opening it up in WinAce (Don't extract) and check the integrity of the files. It works like that CRC Integrity checker program someone was talking about.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Thanks for the help eveyone, tried everything and its still not working guess it must be corrupted!!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I have worked it out now i needed to up date my winrar to 3.2 and it works a treat so if anyone has the same problem try up dating.