Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Vista Ultimate

fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

Ubuntu is better than Vista... And the best thing about Ubuntu is it's FREE.

[youtube]bYsxaMyFV2Y[/youtube]

You can also run your favorite Windows apps in Ubuntu using Wine... There'll be a new version of Ubuntu coming out on Oct. 18th and I definitely recommend that you try it for yourself.

http://ubuntuforums.org

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by manicgeek View Post
    You have got to be pissing with us right ?

It's an absolute bag of bollocks, the most incompatible OS that Microsoft has ever released... are you really saying that as long as it has a pretty front end you're happy ???
    Don't you think that's a tad aggressive if all you really want to say is that you don't like it as an operating system. I can't really comment yet as I haven't been using it long enough, like I said just a day or so.

However what I can say is that ME was truly appalling. 98SE was in every way superior. TBH I don't even know why ME was released it just seemed a bit pointless.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Don't you think that's a tad aggressive if all you really want to say is that you don't like it as an operating system. I can't really comment yet as I haven't been using it long enough, like I said just a day or so.

However what I can say is that ME was truly appalling. 98SE was in every way superior. TBH I don't even know why ME was released it just seemed a bit pointless.
    Mmmm I'm told that the things I write come across as aggressive, it wasn't my intention though I assure you. Sorry if you thought I was having a go I wasn't it was just meant as a comment on the compatibility of Vista. Mind you SP1 will I'm sure make it better just as it did for XP.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

If you guys wanna stick with Windows, then just use the only stable Windows OS out there (even if it's not supported anymore by M$)...

Windows 2000.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by manicgeek View Post

Mmmm I'm told that the things I write come across as aggressive, it wasn't my intention though I assure you. Sorry if you thought I was having a go I wasn't it was just meant as a comment on the compatibility of Vista. Mind you SP1 will I'm sure make it better just as it did for XP.
    NP, you're probably just a passionate guy. I'm just giving Vista a try on this machine as I had to install an operating system anyway and it was literally sitting on the desk in front of me.

If it's pish I'll just format the hard drive and put on the XP I like.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post

If you guys wanna stick with Windows, then just use the only stable Windows OS out there (even if it's not supported anymore by M$)...

Windows 2000.

Just wrong.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post

Ubuntu is better than Vista... And the best thing about Ubuntu is it's FREE.

[youtube]bYsxaMyFV2Y[/youtube]

You can also run your favorite Windows apps in Ubuntu using Wine... There'll be a new version of Ubuntu coming out on Oct. 18th and I definitely recommend that you try it for yourself.

http://ubuntuforums.org

Thanks for the clip.. Gonna set up a dual boot now and try it out thanks. Whats it like for drivers/games etc?
    Rent this space

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Just wrong.

That's what the experts told me - that Windows 2000 is the only good and stable OS that M$ ever built.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Beenieman View Post
    Thanks for the clip.. Gonna set up a dual boot now and try it out thanks. Whats it like for drivers/games etc?
    I'd advice that you try just the Live-CD for now and wait for the new Ubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy," which will be released next month... The only problem in the current version (7.04) of Ubuntu right now is it doesn't support all WiFi cards yet... Also, I don't play games. But you can check out their forums for info at: http://ubuntuforums.org

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Cheers m8 will check it out. Not really fussed about games since I will Dual boot and have my games on Vista still. Looks pretty amazing eitherway so worth a look.
    Rent this space

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast