Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Vista Ultimate

Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Just wrong.

That's what the experts told me - that Windows 2000 is the only good and stable OS that M$ ever built.

Windows 2000 was not designed for home use, it was an operating system for businesses and networks. It came in a variety of forms but these were to suit various business needs.

You could argue that the safest thing to drive down the road in is a tank but is it really suitable for purpose.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Experts told me tanks is best
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Experts told me tanks is best
    nazi

4. Lounge   -   #54
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I dont think Windows 2k is any more stabler than XP SP2, at least in my experience. Plus the fact that XP's kernel is pretty much based on Windows 2k.

I had 2k installed on my pc for about a month and I had various issues with it when playing games that I never had with XP.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    I dont think Windows 2k is any more stabler than XP SP2, at least in my experience. Plus the fact that XP's kernel is pretty much based on Windows 2k.

I had 2k installed on my pc for about a month and I had various issues with it when playing games that I never had with XP.
    However had you been running a small business ....

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Can't beat DOS
    Rent this space

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Beenieman View Post
    Can't beat DOS
    Depends what you're using it for really. I recently used it to FDISK and Format a hard drive I was having some bother with. Did it using a boot floppy when the machine was being a total cunt and wouldn't boot from a CD and I couldn't get it to stop going straight to the HD.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Yeah must admit fdisk in dos has saved my ass a few times. infact dos is great when you have a currupt windows installation and you need to recover some stuff (pron) before u format lol
    Rent this space

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Beenieman View Post
    Yeah must admit fdisk in dos has saved my ass a few times. infact dos is great when you have a currupt windows installation and you need to recover some stuff (pron) before u format lol
    You know it makes sence, so long as you stick to FAT and not NTFS. Which Vista uses.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Wait a minute, what use is FDISK in recovering stuff. You're just ripping the pish.

I thought I liked you and it turns out you're a bit of a cunt.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast