Thread: .pdf To .doc,.html

I really need a "good" converter to change .pdf, prefferrably to .doc, but I will take what i can get.
    I need it to keep the formatiing proper so print and scan, or copy and paste is not an issue. PLease if anyone can help I really need this.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    chalkmongoose
    The thing is, a PDF is really a compiled document. You cannot (easily) go in and extract stuff. On the web, you may be able to find hexidecimal editors that will do it for you, but that's really it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ya I know I hate them. I found a few Prog's that are supposed to do it, but they do not keep the formatting right at all. No biggie just saved it as an image and faxed it as is. I would still like to find a good way to do it if anyone knows any please jump in.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by toddiscool@9 July 2003 - 01:29
    Ya I know I hate them. I found a few Prog's that are supposed to do it, but they do not keep the formatting right at all. No biggie just saved it as an image and faxed it as is. I would still like to find a good way to do it if anyone knows any please jump in.
    You seem to have missed what I said... You simply can't do it. The PDF format is compiled. It isn't actually an editable document in the simplest sense of the word. It's like a bastard child of the executable. Like I said, go to google and find a decent hexi editor. Open up your document, and have fun.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Not to get in a argument with you here, but i have found programs that do it. Half decen just not good enough for something tht needs to be oficaill y handed in. I got what you said, but it was wrong. there is programs to do it. I was just hoping that someone would have found one that actually works well.

But they do exist. again not meaning to beef or anything just wanted to point out that I did not disregard your point. I just disagreed with it.

Anyways this has been up long enough so I guess that there is not a "good" one so we can let it slide down the board, like all the other useless posts I make.

Peace, and thanks for the input.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    In all actuality pdf files are really a type of file. But what makes pdf files bad in my opinion though is the way the author is allowed to set permissions on the pdf file. Someone should come out with a pdf cracker. Sometimes when I download pdf files they only have read permissions that can only be changed by the authour. That means you cant print or alter any of the file..............its rediculous. I guess it gives the person that option when they create the pdf document.