Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tmpgenc

Keikan's Avatar ........
    I'm making a svcd Mpeg2 wiht TMPGEnc and I am encoding it right now and it is taking 7hrs!? IT shouldn't be that slow I'm on a 400mhz
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by Keikan@9 July 2003 - 01:54
    I'm making a svcd Mpeg2 wiht TMPGEnc and I am encoding it right now and it is taking 7hrs!? IT shouldn't be that slow I'm on a 400mhz
    That could be right. Shutting down as many applications as possible may speed it up a bit though.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by callum+9 July 2003 - 00:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (callum @ 9 July 2003 - 00:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@9 July 2003 - 01:54
    I&#39;m making a svcd Mpeg2 wiht TMPGEnc and I am encoding it right now and it is taking 7hrs&#33;? IT shouldn&#39;t be that slow I&#39;m on a 400mhz
    That could be right. Shutting down as many applications as possible may speed it up a bit though. [/b][/quote]
    That probably is correct. 400mhz is extremely slow, compared to today&#39;s computers. Also, with a 400mhz processor, one has to wonder about how much ram is inside.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Well pretty much what callumchalk and mongoose said get more RAM, close all applications but my big tip is to close the internet. Just been on the internet slows it down big time if your dxownloading something then you will really notice a difference the encoding time will double, the best solution is too turn off the net close all applications except for TMPGenc and shut off your mointor check back in a few hours and it should be done.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    400mhz 192mb ram

Intel Pentium 2 Mutimedia Computer&#33;&#33;&#33; of the 1990&#39;s

OK so its slow fine anyway to pause it? O ya i can&#39;t close the internet I&#39;m on the big pipeo and the movie 700mb 52min

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by Keikan@9 July 2003 - 01:59
    400mhz 192mb ram

Intel Pentium 2 Mutimedia Computer&#33;&#33;&#33; of the 1990&#39;s

OK so its slow fine anyway to pause it? O ya i can&#39;t close the internet I&#39;m on the big pipeo and the movie 700mb 52min
    I think they have a word for your computer... Museum piece?
    Look into an upgrade from Dell, they run pretty cheap if you send the old one in so they can recycle it.
    Also, I&#39;ve heard that upgrading to TmpGen Plus speeds things up a bit.
    Furthermore, with your computer, it might be beneficial to do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and go to the programs tab. Those programs are bad, so close all of &#39;em... Except for TMPGen. And don&#39;t muck with the Services tab...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Anyway to pause

PS: Brand name computer suck ass you can&#39;t even get into your own bios

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    chalkmongoose
    Whoops, I really have been working for too long. I thought for a second it said you had a Dell Dimension Desktop...
    Anyway, if you&#39;ve built your own machine, you&#39;re extremely lucky.
    TigerDirect.com will sell you a new Athlon processor that can run at a bit faster than 1 gigahertz, and they&#39;ll also sell you a nice new motherboard. Even a Duron might be an improvement, and 1 gig durons go for about ten bucks. With a new motherboard and CPU, and maybe an upgrade to 512/1 gig of ram, you could smoke those conversions.
    It&#39;ll only run maybe fifty-75 for the motherboard/cpu and around 150-200 for a set of ram chips.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I need NEW EVERYTHING except the case and the cd drive lol...

and i have a custom built computer made this guy in his basement

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    chalkmongoose
    What&#39;re your specs?
    I&#39;m just extremely curious. If you&#39;ve forgotten, Belarc &#39;ll tell you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast