Thread: Kaspersky and Grabit

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Ever since installing Kasperky AV last night, Grabit has been acting really strange. It won't hold a connection for more than a second or two. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Look at the speed in the screenshot.

yo

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    there's an option in kaspersky to deactivate the scanning @ NNTP traffic, its near the email option, i cant remember the steps that get your there but its a really simple solution, dont be alarmed. you just have to configure kaspersky to NOT SCAN NNTP.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by mainstream View Post
    there's an option in kaspersky to deactivate the scanning @ NNTP traffic, its near the email option, i cant remember the steps that get your there but its a really simple solution, dont be alarmed. you just have to configure kaspersky to NOT SCAN NNTP.
    That fixed it.

The downside is that its one option for POP3/SMTP/IMAP/NNTP. Now it won't be scanning emails either.

Well done, and thanks.

yo

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    chris57's Avatar Poster
    I'm getting the same problem and it remains despite disabling nntp/email scanner in Kaspersky. Its only grabit that has the problem im fine with newsleecher etc.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    had same problem. just switched to giganews and use norton and am getting 7mbs my max speed

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsick View Post
    had same problem. just switched to giganews and use norton and am getting 7mbs my max speed
    I've had Norton for many years, but I keep hearing all this Kaspersky hype so I decided to give it a go.

yo

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    You should try the Symantec Client (from the corporate package) instead of regular Norton cause it uses less resources if you're going back.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsick View Post
    I've had Norton for many years, but I keep hearing all this Kaspersky hype so I decided to give it a go.
    Kaspersky is a great firewall; i dont know if u ever got one of those trojans that keep trying to execute itself... Kaspersky will stop it but norton will die a fter a few moments and u will have to run system scan remove programs etc. but i use Norton now becuase its easy to use and i always scan a file before using it