Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riaa - Do They Cheat You?

Poster
    Okay, we all know that no one in here likes the RIAA. It's because they're out to get us!

But, do we know if the RIAA cheats customers and artists? Discuss.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Okay, we all know that no one in here likes the RIAA. It's because they're out to get us!
    come on there my best friend I take up to their challenge

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    well Aria (australian version of RIAA) don't have the brains to do sh!t so adthomp and I are pretty safe...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I've never understood the RIAA method of calculating losses, consider the following.

1. We're never gonna buy the cd anyway.
    2. The person who copied it bought a cd that he may not otherwise have bought.
    3. It's our storage space.
    4. It's our bandwith.
    5. The bands now have more fans.

Total losses $0.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I've never understood the RIAA method of calculating losses, consider the following.

1. We're never gonna buy the cd anyway.
    2. The person who copied it bought a cd that he may not otherwise have bought.
    3. It's our storage space.
    4. It's our bandwith.
    5. The bands now have more fans.

Total losses $0.
    I like that Theory...

and of course the RIAA r and have bin ripping us of for years now their scared shitless beacuse P2P Threatens the RIAA Chances of ripping us off..

greedy bastards if they were more Fairer with us i wouldn't b using Kazaa

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Anyone knows that concert tickets are extremely higher then they were ten years ago. This has been the case long before p2p. Whos kidding who here? If p2p is lost because of the RIAA, the real damage is to the new artists who will never be heard by potentially millions. The RIAA probably doesnt want us to hear these independent artists because they would rather have them all to themselves as a way of stealing even more from us at the cash register. What a tragedy that would be to the artist and us.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    i dont think that the independant bands are thanking us for downloading all their music

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Im talking about the independent bands that freely upload their music on purpose. The ones that would otherwise never be heard without a record contract. Without p2p they would only be known in their local area. Thanks to peer sites like this, they can be heard worldwide.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    hehe! i like yer theories! RIAA is higly stupid! cd-burners are out and spreading lots of copies of original cds, and these cds are being transformed to mp3, and mini-discs handle mp3 as well.... it is no use to stop p2p

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    we cheat the RIAA and they cheat us. A case against them for price fixing was settled out of court w/ the us govt. They definately aren't very ethical, but would you like it if some shmuck was getting something you were making for free? I know I sure as hell wouldnt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast