Thread: Power Dvd

TClite's Avatar Poster
    power dvd seems to like to be complicated, Ive tried bs player with the most to date codecs pack, and windows media player.......none of which seem to work, so i reinstalled power dvd and it played along for a while and decided to play one of the two dvd's, on the second one got the same copyright protection crap, im refusing to reinstall a piece of software everytime i want to watch a dvd, im guessing theres a decoder conflict, as only after i tried bs player and windows media player did power dvd go tits up...does anybody have a similar problem with power dvd, otherwise a good dvd player would be welcome, i might try real one player...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Don't bother with RealOne.
    Try VideoLan, available from the homepage.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    videolans more of a partial download previewer, i was looking more towards a dvd player, power dvd was fine untill recently, im not sure whats going on..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Its happened to me a few times..i havnt got a clue what causes it but after i reboot its normally fine again.Also in the powerdvd dir theirs some kind of test u can run to check the compatibility for copyrighted dvd with ur drive...i would say tri windvd
    but for me it wont play any dvds through my tv-out at all but it is supposed to b as good as pdvd

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    thanks CosmoK, turns out it was just a reboot it needed, i think the decoder just gets tied up and rebooting releases it, hopefully this bugs fixed in version 5....