Thread: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Poster BT Rep: +5

Urgent

I've never been into Anime, but I had Neon Genesis strongly recomended to me. Have you guys seen it? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

I'm thinking of buying the Platinum Edition on DVD if it really is a good series.

Any comments are appreciated.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    depends on how old u are. sure, the series is good, but it is in itself quite old as well. it has dull colors and a pretty dark mature feel to it as well. the genre is mecha and if u like robots this may catch ur eye. what it cums down to though is what kind of show u'd be into not ur friends. personally i would not recommend this to u. it's just not a good anime to start ppl out with anymore. what it IS though is an anime u go back to see after getting into the whole anime thing to begin with. afterall, it is a classic. u can list some genres of what u like and we'll go from there. welcum 2 anime!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    I'm 23 years old. I'm not into robots or anything. The reason someone recommended it to me was because they said it's really deep into psychology and that sort of thing. They said it was interesting intellectually.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    it certainly has a deep storyline. the ending is quite mindbending. just make sure you see the movie after youve seen the series. (end of evangelion)

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    kyuuchi's Avatar <O.O> BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    If you are a NGE fan, there is a tetralogy of movies called ebuild of Evangelion. 3 Movies retells the story, and the last with something new.