Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking system?

sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    i remember the days when FTN was possible to obtain because you earned trust and made friends.
    That technique is still possible even nowadays.
    bat FTN iz rair

look guys I can see that a lot of people are threatened by the talk of the new ratings thread (not what invites are worth thanks) but really if you don't like it don't participate pretty simple really

EDIT:

btw it's not all about rarity FFS it's about content/community who gives a stuff how rare a tracker is.
    Last edited by sear; 10-03-2007 at 01:55 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think it should either merge with the existing WIAW thread, in a completely seperate section of it, and have the thread renamed, OR, a completely different thread.

And sear is right, NO ONE is going to trade FTN for TL, BUT, this isn't a list about rarity at all.

And again, I'd gladly maintain it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    "Retired trader" self-horn-tooter mostly de facto equals "I crawled my way up the top of the pile before you got here, so to hell with today's plebs" mentality.

I'm neither overly pro nor anti-trader, I'm simply satisfied with where I am and have a mostly clean conscience about how I got here. Having said that, my favorite and most used trackers rank 3, 4 and 6 in the WIAW thread though I have a number of much higher ranked trackers.

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    I'm pretty sure this list wasn't created to increase invite trading so it should be it's own seperate entity. I like others prefer a list where unessential things like rarity can be taken out and the tracker can be judged for it's true worth with things like content and speed.

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    So I guess the anti-traders are the democrats and the pro-traders are the republicans...LOL
    I guess I'm a independent
    It seems clear that ever since the WIAW Thread came about many people are out for the highest bider and that sickens me.

should we ban trading..no
    there are ways to trade that don't involve this cut neck mentality.

before this WIAW thread it was easy for me to climb the ladder and to get better and better sites.
    now a days I believe it is harder because people read WIAW like it's the fucking bible.
    the solution is simple. Revamp the WIAW thread like skizo's example! pure and simple.
    not for anti-traders. Not for pro-traders but because it would improve not only the invites section but the community.
    Last edited by Gish; 10-03-2007 at 03:57 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    We have to assassinate Patriot foreve
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    So I guess the anti-traders are the democrats and the pro-traders are the republicans...LOL
    I guess I'm a independent
    It seems clear that ever since the WIAW Thread came about many people are out for the highest bider and that sickens me.

should we ban trading..no
    there are ways to trade that don't involve this cut neck mentality.

before this WIAW thread it was easy for me to climb the ladder and to get better and better sites.
    now a days I believe it is harder because people read WIAW like it's the fucking bible.
    the solution is simple. Revamp the WIAW thread like skizo's example! pure and simple.
    not for anti-traders. Not for pro-traders but because it would improve not only the invites section but the community.
    Amen bro.

No-one is out to ban trading, it just ain't going to happen. But what we can do is change perception of trackers and help users to get what they want/need based on a new philosophy. Like the oil tanker turning round, it is going to take a long time, nothing is going to change overnight.

The WAIW thread was prob done with good intentions, for which I applaud PF for putting all the effort into it, but it has created a monster, and that monster has had its day, it needs revamping to go into a new direction.

We all know no-one is going to trade a TL for an FTN, and the rarity of a tracker can stay, my idea is to incorporate it into the current thread as a bold black number, what we are aiming to do is to remove the pyramid scheme of trading for trading sake just to reach the top, with that removed, people can carry on trading if they wish, just that there will be no easily viewable pyramid to strive to climb.

The WIAW was the very first attempt to even out things, maybe it is now time just to have a look at other options and other ways to present things?

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyman View Post
    only WIAW is valid we just can t go on other rules
    That's precisely the problem. You n00bs take the list as gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    OMG!!! I never realized that someone making a list based on content would make the hardcore traders humongous E-penises crumble and fall of.

Have you guys no compassion. I mean you will turn their entire world upside down. They may go into severe manic depression if you go through with this!!!
    Don't tease me.
    Last edited by Skizo; 10-03-2007 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I don't know why some traders don't want to implement this new ranking system.. This will not affect them and also this is not for trading purposes. This new ranking system will just give some newbie and maybe also old members another perspective what really the tracker is, based on content/Speed/Categories.
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You guys are going to love this thing when I'm done. I've completely abandoned the original attempt and have this crazy hybrid thread going..... freakin tons of work though.

yo

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast