Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking system?

Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Sorry Sarge but I stopped reading right there.
    Of course it's FST Staff's duty to keep a close watch on all threads despite the amount of shit that gets posted both in here and the Report Section. </sarcasm>

I spend my whole fucking evening 5 days a week removing shit from the BT sections, responding to reports & tracking possible dupe accounts and you lot gotta bitch that we let a thread die? Yeah, of course we all met on MSN and watched it wither away down the page...
    FFS if the thread was that popular it would still be at the top of the pile.
    And that, I'm afraid, is your (FSTs) answer to most attempts at trying to change things, just ignore it and it will go away, deliberately letting it whither down the pipe not to return. Do you not think with a more responsible way of looking at things, you and the staff would actually have less work to do?. It isn't rocket science, but it will take a little of extra effort to start with to get the ball moving, ultimately leading to a more respected & respectable forum in the long run, producing less scams & scammers to have to deal with.

And it isn't just about letting a thread die - it's about just totally ignoring the ideas and suggestions that get put forward in favour of some shitty rarity thread kept alive by traders wanting trackers to go up or down depending if they have it or not.

How about a reasonable debate that needs to happen then?
    Sarge......I have a suggestion, why don't U take a shot of becoming a staff member here in FST. I beleive a lot of members will definitely "agree" with me.
    Then maybe we can see more 'productive" changes around here in the Invite section.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    That's not going to happen.

I requested to resign from my position some weeks back and it was refused. That was the second time I had requested it.

FWIW gentlemen, when we were looking at taking on more BT Mods I suggested SgtMajor, it was seconded and then turned down without reason.

I still don't want this fucking shit.

Edit:
    That's better.
    Last edited by Chewie; 09-30-2007 at 10:52 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I wouldn't mind taking a shot at being a BitTorrent moderator.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Remi's Avatar Mr. Remi to you!! BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    I wouldn't mind taking a shot at being a BitTorrent moderator.

Yeah, i bet you would...

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Oh dear me, this has had the total opposite effect to what was supposed to be a serious discussion with a plausible outcome that would have or could have been respected by all.

I'm just gobsmacked, ffs I'm lost for words, c'mon chewie - we ain't /that/ bad are we?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Not that bad, SgtMajor?

FST has a threat to wield against scammers and cheaters - do it at FST and you will find a ban request made for the scammed account and your IP/email at all friendly trackers.
    Why was I the only one willing to message CRs and visit IRCs to make good on that threat?
    Some CR made a post (but not with that CR account) "outing" this policy. What a complete arsehole... I keep CRs informed of these arseholes and get fucked over for it.

Look at the spamming.
    There's a sticky outlining posting guidelines and spammers are given infractions. Do they care? Nope. They just carry on bumping and great giveaway-ing because they don't give a fuck.

And then there's your post above.
    And that, I'm afraid, is your (FSTs) answer to most attempts at trying to change things, just ignore it and it will go away, deliberately letting it whither down the pipe not to return.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but you haven't got a clue what goes on in the background here.
    PF had been on a self-imposed Moderation Abstention for months before posting his Glorious Retirement Acceptance Speech while one other staffer Middlemanned almost everything in his absence... and we're treated to ignore it and it will go away?

If you're after new blood in the BT sections Moderators, you got it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Not that bad, SgtMajor?

FST has a threat to wield against scammers and cheaters - do it at FST and you will find a ban request made for the scammed account and your IP/email at all friendly trackers.
    Why was I the only one willing to message CRs and visit IRCs to make good on that threat?
    Some CR made a post (but not with that CR account) "outing" this policy. What a complete arsehole... I keep CRs informed of these arseholes and get fucked over for it.

Look at the spamming.
    There's a sticky outlining posting guidelines and spammers are given infractions. Do they care? Nope. They just carry on bumping and great giveaway-ing because they don't give a fuck.

And that, I'm afraid, is your (FSTs) answer to most attempts at trying to change things, just ignore it and it will go away, deliberately letting it whither down the pipe not to return.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but you haven't got a clue what goes on in the background here.
    PF had been on a self-imposed Moderation Abstention for months before posting his Glorious Retirement Acceptance Speech while one other staffer Middlemanned almost everything in his absence... and we're treated to ignore it and it will go away?

Man........alot of reading, but I am glad is in the "opeN' and what goes on behind the scenes in FST. I have a lot of "Respect" for U now, Chewie...... I always thought U were an ASSH**e......Wow !!.. just open my eyes

Hope I do not get an Infration for saying that, I have enough FST "tickets"
    ......LOL

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Freaking politics everwhere you go! Can't we all just steal some warez and get along?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Not that bad, SgtMajor?

Look at the spamming.

Chewie, maybe we (we as in all of us - not just you & I!) need to have this discussion moved to either the right place, or at least out of this thread?

And I hope that is all that it is - a discussion - and not you thinking I'm having a personal dig at anyone round here, and I sincerely hope you evaluate your position in the cold light of day tomorrow, and re-join us in your former role, god only knows we need more of the experienced & mature MODs tutoring alongside the younger MODs here.

I will personally stand up and say thank you for reporting all scammers and invite sellers to all "friendly" trackers, and I only wish it would be all trackers that took FST more seriously than they do, hence part of my original post, I really would like this to be a BT Invite forum where I can post without fear of retribution or humiliation by tracker staff, christ this forum has a really bad sour name, and I hate it when they commonly refer to here as "them FST wankers" etc, and then I sheepishly ignore that part and not let on I am here, I seriously wish that wasn't the case. And most of that is down to /that/ thread and the incessant trading that goes on trying to reach the pinnacle of /that/ thread collecting every tracker on the way. Which is why it needs re-visiting and possibly & hopefully re-evaluating the way trackers are rated.

As for modding, well we have had very little proper mature modding round here, so the posters get away with murder. Spamming, cursing, going off-topic etc etc are all the norm here, and as you know, I am quite adept at the report post function.

I thank you & skizo for doing an excellent job, and I only hope the BT MODs have took note in how to MOD, but one thing is for sure, they have been noted more for their absence rather than modding abilities, without a good mod presence then chaos will prevail, and posters are not thinking about what they are posting because they know nothing actually happens to them, maybe they (the BT MODs) have been busy with other things & real life etc and they can begin modding here more soon maybe?

And as for what happens in the background, you're right, I do not know what goes on, nor do I need to know, I only go by what goes on in the front room and from what I can see is happening, I don't wish to personalise about who is responsible for doing what, nor should I care, only that it is done in a proper & professional manner, but that has not been the case recently really has it? Only when reported did something happen, rather than pro-active modding and public warnings issued.

I wasn't after any new blood, I wasn't after any blood at all, I only asked if we could all examine the possibility of /that/ thread being redone in a way that diminished the need for trading, that some of our ideas, especially when the overwhelming majority of the posters were in favour of them (ie no account trading), at least be implemented?

I hope that we can continue our discussion in the manner it was meant to be, ie just a discussion about where we are going and what is good about here and not make it about personalities, and I would have hoped there might have been more interjection by other members, but it seems I am alone and therefore actually am in the minority here in wanting things to improve from where they are today?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    We did try, the staff here let it die, we keep on trying different things here, again the staff just ignore it, such as the overwhelming majority of posters here not agreeing or liking account trading - again ignored, eventually we get the message - you like the status quo of the WAIW thread and the incessant trading that follows that thread like a bad smell and this creates the busy nature of these forums that follow it like a bible.

Why not just have a Tracker Review Thread, based on alphabetical naming of the trackers (such as the Tracker Staff thread) with both ratings side-by-side, content (which can be used to offer similar items rather than the one a poster was looking for) and rarity rating (the chances of getting such a tracker don't come easy and you may have to wait your turn).

There are other options of course, but a good discussion involving FST staff, tracker staff and posters who know what they are talking about might help to change the current atmosphere surrounding this forum and /that/ thread!

Just my opening two pence worth of course.
    When did anyone try other than Corey? Link? He was the last one to attempt it that I can recall sometime around the start of the year, but admittedly didn’t have the time for it. It wasn’t even something that anyone could really pick up either as it was vastly incomplete.

Granted, this has been talked about to death, but that’s all. No members have ever put a true effort into it. The discussion threads always become some sort of unwarranted FST bash-fest.

Not one moderator who is at all active or knowledgeable in the BT/BT Invites section has the time it requires to maintain a thread of that magnitude after finishing tasks which are priorities - scammer reports, Middleman duties, etc. When those time consuming activities have finished, I earnestly believe what little time DefianceX/Corey/tralalala have should be theirs to enjoy. I’m simply not in favor of putting any more work on their plates. PF did almost no MM duties, but he kept the WIAW thread up-to-date which required him staying up on all the latest goings on.

If the thread is going to be done, done properly, and maintained, we would have ZERO problems sticking it. In fact, send me a PM or find me on MSN and I’ll review it the moment it’s completed, but an FST staff member managing the thread is not something we’re prepared to handle.

Also, saying “the staff here let it die” is bullshit through and through. Couldn’t hardly believe I read that. I know you’re not a member of the ATG, but there have been extensive discussions in there about another ranking system based on content in order to offset the focus on the WIAW thread, with me and sear being the threads biggest advocates. The thread has received an enormous amount of input from FST staff, FST members, and Community Reps alike, but at the end of the day, no one has stepped up and actually done it.

FWIW gentlemen, when we were looking at taking on more BT Mods I suggested SgtMajor, it was seconded and then turned down without reason.
    How easily you forget your own comments referring to that particular discussion… If you’d like a refresher, PM me and I’ll quote you as I see you’ve finally taken a step down, but putting it off as you don’t know the reason seems a bit odd. The only time there was no reason given was when the “he” said to PM him for the reason.

(Sorry for being so obtuse SgtMajor, but that’s just how it needs to be. The reason you were removed for consideration can be discussed via MSN or PM, but out of respect I’ll keep that out of the public eye as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor
    And as for what happens in the background, you're right, I do not know what goes on, nor do I need to know, I only go by what goes on in the front room and from what I can see is happening, I don't wish to personalise about who is responsible for doing what, nor should I care, only that it is done in a proper & professional manner, but that has not been the case recently really has it? Only when reported did something happen, rather than pro-active modding and public warnings issued.
    You admit to not knowing what goes on and then go right back to criticizing.

The amount of moderating that needs to be done in the Invites section is so immense you couldn’t imagine. There is already in incredible amount of moderating that is done in there almost around the clock, but it seems I'm shoveling shit against the tide. Besides, most infractions in that section are rather minor ones such as spamming or bumping. Hardly something that is detrimental to the thread rather than just annoying, well, spam.

I also keep coming back to the idea that raising expectations inevitably raises performance, and in this case, the quality of the experience for everyone, but raising expectations isn’t something that is going to take place overnight.

Strength in numbers is the way to go. Having added mods/staff members has got to help, and time will reveal their effect on the section once they’re implemented. Problem is, we run into walls when looking for those to promote. Most simply don’t have the capacious amount of time that moderating requires. The second issue we have is finding members who don’t have any "dirt" or other issues in their background.

I wanted to reply to some of those issues here, but let's keep this to discussing the rankings issue. FST issues can be handled in the Report section or Everything About the Board.

yo

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast