Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking system?

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post

FWIW gentlemen, when we were looking at taking on more BT Mods I suggested SgtMajor, it was seconded and then turned down without reason.
    How easily you forget your own comments referring to that particular discussion… If you’d like a refresher, PM me and I’ll quote you as I see you’ve finally taken a step down, but putting it off as you don’t know the reason seems a bit odd. The only time there was no reason given was when the “he” said to PM him for the reason.
    I remember the suggestions thread. The question should be why is PM necessary when the thread is in a staff area anyway?
    He did come on MSN and mentioned about the reason... which was basically just a generalisation of an issue. When someone says they're giving me a reason for something, I expect specifics. Anything less is an excuse in my book... my kids know this and understand it.

The only possible reason could be his name mentioned as staff at a site that I believe bit the dust soon after. I don't see that as an issue and it wasn't mentioned as the reason anyway.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Guess we all agree that the current ranking system needs to be changed.I know its not an easy task so i suggest the mod try to appoint somone just for that specific task only. Somone who has the time to provide unbiased and uptodate content information on the trackers.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post

How easily you forget your own comments referring to that particular discussion… If you’d like a refresher, PM me and I’ll quote you as I see you’ve finally taken a step down, but putting it off as you don’t know the reason seems a bit odd. The only time there was no reason given was when the “he” said to PM him for the reason.
    I remember the suggestions thread. The question should be why is PM necessary when the thread is in a staff area anyway?
    He did come on MSN and mentioned about the reason... which was basically just a generalisation of an issue. When someone says they're giving me a reason for something, I expect specifics. Anything less is an excuse in my book... my kids know this and understand it.

The only possible reason could be his name mentioned as staff at a site that I believe bit the dust soon after. I don't see that as an issue and it wasn't mentioned as the reason anyway.
    The comment I'm referring to is in a report.

Quote Originally Posted by shazzar View Post
    Guess we all agree that the current ranking system needs to be changed.I know its not an easy task so i suggest the mod try to appoint somone just for that specific task only. Somone who has the time to provide unbiased and uptodate content information on the trackers.
    The WIAW thread isn't going anywhere. The information is valid and accurate.

What needs to happen is another thread with rankings based on content to offset the WIAW thread and bring some equilibrium to the rankings.
    Last edited by Skizo; 10-01-2007 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i see it a good idea
    torrentleech wil be level 10

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    although that the same discussion have been done before but i guess i ahve to say it again

FST staff never turned anyone down regarding another ranking which mainly based on content as this thread has been done before and i did even praised it when a member here did it and offered my assistance incase he needed to ask for anything or discuss something but the thread was a failure because it can't be accepted by alot no one is insane enough to give for example an FTN invite for Torrentleech or SCT invite for Torrent-damage no matter how good the low ranked trackers and also has problems with different invite systems in almost all trackers

This scenario listed above was like you want to compare sunlight to petroleum where wars started because of it and despie both of them are essential but whose willing to give his land filled with petroleum to get sunlight which he can get for free (no offence for mentioned trackers) unless people involved are close friends

The WIAW thread is asking you not to take it to literally besides it have reviews to almost all trackers widely known sothat members can read and try to get the tracker he wants it no matter he trades or not ,It has also a ranking for (content+speed+pretimes) and trackers are ranked there according to supply,demand and members suggestions

you can't just compare abottle of water worth 1$-2$ with Petroleum worth 90$-100$ because they will think you will be nuts if you compare price between both two although both of them are essential

you are saying that WIAW is bad ,well i don't recall me doing magic to make people belive in it worldwide in hundreds of forums but people are using it because they think it has credibility so to make anew system you have to put effort in it and make people belive in it and see that the new system really works but the first step has to come from trackers themselves not from members
    The life you live for others is the one worth living

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Nice to see some honest and outspoken posts here from staff and members alike....despite your differences it seems like most of you agree that the WIAW thread has turned into a monster which needs to be tamed.

I have seen this create a vicious circle of trading. For example a member decides he wants to get into site "X" because it's ranked at level 7 so he gets an invite. He then finds that site "X" doesn't have any better content or speed than all the other sites he's at so rather than waste that account decides to try to trade it for another and so on.

There has to be an alternative to the WIAW thread as this is not working in the way it was intended. It just seems to have generated more account trading and in doing so FST seems to be getting more and more flak from the trackers. Is it simply a coincidence that FSTs reputation started going downhill since that thread was started. Has there been a increase in account trading since that thread started.

I know there's no easy solution but surely the staff, members and community reps can get together and come up with something that will benefit the site.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    p1r4t3's Avatar More drama? ffs BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    When did anyone try other than Corey? Link?
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...content-215543

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...newbies-219707

Check this out

I did give a lot of time to this, granted its incomplete and needs improvement in various aspects. But you obviously seemed to have ignored it .. I ll be happy to pick up the whole thing again and start over, when my semester is complete. or You can give this to someone else who is interested.
    Last edited by p1r4t3; 10-01-2007 at 12:43 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by p1r4t3 View Post
    When did anyone try other than Corey? Link?
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...content-215543

Check this out

I did give a lot of time to this, granted its incomplete and needs improvement in various aspects. But you obviously seemed to have ignored it .. I ll be happy to pick up the whole thing again and start over, when my semester is complete. or You can give this to someone else who is interested.
    Those are simply discussion threads.

Show me a thread where someone has done something other than complain about the current rankings and actually created a ranking thread based on content.

No one has. Everyone wants to dis the staff here as if we "let it die" when it never existed in the first place (to my knowledge).

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    p1r4t3's Avatar More drama? ffs BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

Those are simply discussion threads.

Show me a thread where someone has done something other than complain about the current rankings and actually created a ranking thread based on content.

No one has. Everyone wants to dis the staff here as if we "let it die" when it never existed in the first place (to my knowledge).

Check the first page of that thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post
    no one is insane enough to give for example an FTN invite for Torrentleech or SCT invite for Torrent-damage no matter how good the low ranked trackers and also has problems with different invite systems in almost all trackers
    That is a hardcore trader point of view. Invites are actually meant to be free.. and any such thread would merely serve as a guide for those non traders and newbies. Traders will trade no matter what, and trackers will continue banning them as they are caught....
    Last edited by p1r4t3; 10-01-2007 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by p1r4t3 View Post

Check the first page of that thread...
    I did already, though it was just another discussion thread.

The last edit to the thread was 6 hours it was made, ffs. It certainly wasn't a valid attempt to initiate a counter to the WIAW thread.

yo

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast