Thread: how to burn 2.5 gb file in 4 cd (700mb)?

BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Hey,
    i wanna burn Fifa08 into 4-5 normal cd (700mb every cd)
    and the iso is ~2.5 GB..
    is there a software that splits the file into 4 images and every image is 700 mb?
    THXz

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    There is no point using CD's it makes more sense to burn onto a dvd or to just mount the image with Daemon Tools, or alcohol 120% etc that is easier however if it is to transport it to another person use a dvd it should still work to install it.... burn using nero or another program burn a dvd iso.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    dude i wanna use normal CD's cuz my friends don't have a DVD reader in his pc..
    any help?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    bataya's Avatar ☆Red Star Forever☆ BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    you can use alcohol 120% to split them into 700 MB images, i use it until bay DVD burner.
    there is no unconquerable fortress, there is only good and bad conquerors...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    You can use winrar or alcohol as mentioned or even hjsplit to make the iso into cd sized bite then rejoin them on your friends pc and use daemon tools to install. Or you can join one of the conversion sites/forums like I did.

Code:
    http://www.cd-2-dvd.com
    or
    Code:
    http://fileforums.com/index.php
    Here some of the members have the talent to re-write msi install files and they share them for others to make backups of their original games. Notice I said original games so don't go posting your going to make copies for your friends or you will get no help.

Search your specific game titles or on the cd-2-dvd site, if you join you can also go to the forum and about 4 listings down is the help finding conversions pages where you can browse or search for your game. If your really nice and they don't suspect your pirating, you might get someone to help you with files not already done, so be diplomatic if you request a fix.

They do cd's to dvd, dvd9 to 2xdvd5 as well as dvd back to cd's which is what you need. When a game is only 2gig its more likely you'll find a fix to get back to cd's cause its a waste of space to use a dvd to back up so there's a good chance there's something there.

I could get stuff for you but you may need this again so its best you register.

Read this page to the bottom and you'll see what I'm talking about:

Code:
    http://fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=81966
    Last edited by Appzalien; 10-02-2007 at 04:24 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    couldn't you .rar it and burn the rars onto different disks, then re-asseble it on the other machine.