Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Games That Will Work With My Pc Spes

B) Yeah those are both great video cards.You'll have no problems playing any game with either card.

2. Games   -   #12
    Poster
    Ti graphic cards you buy for long term investment, you know they will last a long time. As you can see, thr Ti models from the GeForce 2 series are comparable to some GeForce 4 MMX's. You won't regret buying that Ti, that's for one.

But you could go with Nvidia's FX series, the 5900 esp, budget and pretty good graphics/engine. Or better still, go with ATi Radeon, I'm not sure what's the newest in the market, but Radeon's IMO are naturally more stable cos they run on a totally different engine than Nvidia's chipset.

I'm running on a 1.7ghz machine, 256mb ram, GF4 MMX 440. It's OK but my HDD is giving me heaps of problems, been getting memory loss problems coz my HDD is dying every now and then.

Search through the forums, I remember an indepth topic on buying graphics cards not long ago, but info may be outdated already .

3. Games   -   #13
    im gettin the 3D Blaster 4 Titanium 4200 - AGP
    im not having problems with my current card but i think after 2 years it could do with bein changed

4. Games   -   #14
    http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/partspecs....&cat=Video+Card

That is an ATI Radeon 9100 - better image quality and comparable speed to the Ti4200. Overclockable, has a small, quiet fan, better stability than NVidia and shifts all new games on my Athlon 2000 with 256mb of DDR266 nicely in 1024x768 in 32bit colour

5. Games   -   #15
    Eatchipz's Avatar Poster
    why is it so cheap then if it so good

6. Games   -   #16
    Originally posted by Eatchipz@9 July 2003 - 22:05
    why is it so cheap then if it so good
    Simply an older model now for ATI - same with the Ti4200 for Nvidia. Both are essentially budget video cards but both still run all games out today with no real problems at all. Of course when Half Life 2 and Doom 3 hit the streets, they may prove a little too much for them but spending £150 on a GFX card now is now guarantee for those 2 games so I wouldn't worry at all if you get a 9100 or a Ti4200

7. Games   -   #17
    HL2 will run on 600mhz 32mb gfx card. I think the Radeon 9100 can handle it. I personally have a Radeon 9000 and love it. It's a great card and I play UT2003 at 1024x768 resolution and it runs as smooth as a baby's bottom. Go with the 9100. I hate Nvidia. I have a 64mb card made by Nvidia and I wanted to likk someone because of it.

8. Games   -   #18
    NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra 256MB

BEST CARD YET COME OUT IF U HAVE A AGP SLOT EVEN BETTER IF U BUY THIS you wont need to buy another video card for like 3 years!

9. Games   -   #19
    Originally posted by AznRocky@10 July 2003 - 02:50
    you wont need to buy another video card for like 3 years!
    If only it were true!

10. Games   -   #20
    and yes it is true

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast