Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Office Xp Professional

Hi shn. Thanks for that. Did you see this. .
    * Although the Windows Installer Setup log file reports version
    10.0.2627.0, the actual installed version is 10.0.2627.01. The log file
    reports the following: "Property©: ProductVersion = 10.0.2627.0". This
    version is incorrect.

To resolve this problem and install SP-1, you must purchase a retail edition of Microsoft Office XP (which displays an Office hologram). Only a retail version of Office XP can be updated. Beta or unreleased versions cannot be updated to SP-1.
    In other words, the installer knows we're using a dodgy copy Oh well. I've got a copy of 2000Pro SR1 on discs, think i'll just keep that.

That's a shame though. To anyone considering downloading OfficeXP Professional with Frontpage - 395mb, don't bother. I'd be too worried about security to use it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    When you get that message about already being updated, click ignore after 1 retry. There are other patches that do the same thing so it's likely it has already been applied. It may be an SQL update, SQL is included in OfficeXP with FrontPage along with some other protocols for office networking. If you don't use those features then security shouldn't be a problem.
    It shouldn't matter if you have the install on CD or not as long as the install folder doesn't change between the initial OfficeXP install and the updates. You might need to uninstall and then reinstall complete from a desktop folder, apply the service packs from the same folder and then archive the folder for future updates. You can put the folder back onto the desktop when you need it.

I haven't looked for the slip command but if I recall, It was something like c:> -s [file to apply] /[target]

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    When you get that message about already being updated, click ignore after 1 retry. There are other patches that do the same thing so it's likely it has already been applied. It may be an SQL update, SQL is included in OfficeXP with FrontPage along with some other protocols for office networking. If you don't use those features then security shouldn't be a problem.
    It shouldn't matter if you have the install on CD or not as long as the install folder doesn't change between the initial OfficeXP install and the updates. You might need to uninstall and then reinstall complete from a desktop folder, apply the service packs from the same folder and then archive the folder for future updates. You can put the folder back onto the desktop when you need it.

I haven't looked for the slip command but if I recall, It was something like c:> -s [file to apply] /[target]
    Thanks Balamm. I had tried installing from a folder on the desktop, and the installer didn't ask for the cdrom, but SP1 wouldn't install.

So if i can't install SP1 after retrying once, should i try and install SP2? Does OfficeXP Professional with Frontpage maybe contain SP1?

Are Office service packs like windows, in that sp2 would supercede sp1?

Thanks for your time.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    You may have gotten an integrated SP1 copy and the two service packs are independant products although 1 must be applied first. All you can do is try it.

When you've applied all you can, go to the office update center and do a scan.

The web components aren't really needed again unless you network with office.
    It should show the serice packs as already applied.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    chalkmongoose
    I use OpenOffice.org with no issues at all, so I guess that solves my need for sp1 or 2...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Friends ... I have done it on the d/l Office XP with Frontpage from on here. It works ... but you must follow the directions exactly. In fact it is the Office XP with FrontPage with the "famous" Serial # that the whole world knows about ... you know the one that starts with FM9FY- and so on.

Trust me it works ... but you must follow their directions step by step ... exactly. Don't do anything different ... I have done it on several machines and they all are working like I paid $500 for Office XP on each! B) B) B)

Here is the link again:

http://notorious.dezines.com/notorious/art...icles/index.htm

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    This a similar slipstreaming article to the XP CORP and Office XP ones. The switches should be the same.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=258868

If you try to "slipstream" a Windows 2000 service pack into a CD-ROM-based image on a Remote Installation Service (RIS) server by using the update -s:path_to_image command, you may receive the following error message:

An error has occurred copying files from the Service Pack share to the distribution folder.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by RobGee@22 July 2003 - 04:08
    Friends ... I have done it on the d/l Office XP with Frontpage from on here. It works ... but you must follow the directions exactly. In fact it is the Office XP with FrontPage with the "famous" Serial # that the whole world knows about ... you know the one that starts with FM9FY- and so on.

Trust me it works ... but you must follow their directions step by step ... exactly. Don't do anything different ... I have done it on several machines and they all are working like I paid $500 for Office XP on each! B) B) B)

Here is the link again:

http://notorious.dezines.com/notorious/art...icles/index.htm
    Which article did you browse? 'Cause one of the reasons I gave up on MSOffice was for a lack of being able to update Service Packs.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    The article is entitled "How to update Office XP to SP-1 when Service Pack installer fails. " Click on the link then it will ask you to download a file ... d/l it and save it or just open it and print it out and follow the instructions exactly.

By the way there are two articles and you need the one dated Dec 15/01 not the one dated Sep 28/02 (non admin method for SP-2). Good luck all!!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Weve tried that and it didnt work. I think what ill do is install openoffice since Im familiar with that anyway because I use it on linux. Also sun has a office suite out too but its in beta. Its called sun office. What I will do though is just install frontpage from the installer and nothing else. There are just too many security risk with outlook, and I have bug problems with word sometimes since I cant get the service packs installed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast