Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Office Xp Professional

As I have mentioned ... I have d/l the admin from Microsoft site and followed the steps EXACTLY ... and have loaded it on at least three machines without a problem.

You are probably doing something out of sequence if you are experiencing problems. In fact I have done it twice on my desktop because I have just had to put a new HD after it crashed and went bad.

I can only give you the link again and ask you to try to again using a folder called "OFFICE" to establish the setup files. You do have to have the Office XP CD in your CD Rom and just follow the instructions exactly.

Good luck and I hope those of you who like Office XP ... don't give up ... print out the instructions and follow them step by step.

http://notorious.dezines.com/notorio...cles/index.htm

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by RobGee@23 July 2003 - 08:28
    As I have mentioned ... I have d/l the admin from Microsoft site and followed the steps EXACTLY ... and have loaded it on at least three machines without a problem.

You are probably doing something out of sequence if you are experiencing problems.  In fact I have done it twice on my desktop because I have just had to put a new HD after it crashed and went bad.

I can only give you the link again and ask you to try to again using a folder called "OFFICE" to establish the setup files.  You do have to have the Office XP CD in your CD Rom and just follow the instructions exactly.

Good luck and I hope those of you who like Office XP ... don't give up ... print out the instructions and follow them step by step.

http://notorious.dezines.com/notorio...cles/index.htm 

You never said we had to have the office xp cd in the cd rom. Most of the people looking to install the service packs have a downloaded copy of office xp and therefore no cd. And you even implicated yourself that you had that same version of office xp off kazaa that mostly a lot of other people had. And if we had the cd then obviously we wouldnt have a downloaded version now would we?

Friends ... I have done it on the d/l Office XP with Frontpage from on here. It works ... but you must follow the directions exactly. In fact it is the Office XP with FrontPage with the "famous" Serial # that the whole world knows about ... you know the one that starts with FM9FY- and so on. 

Trust me it works ... but you must follow their directions step by step ... exactly. Don't do anything different ... I have done it on several machines and they all are working like I paid $500 for Office XP on each!   
    So how would you have the cd if you got that downloaded version

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    After I d/l the copy from here ... then you burn it to a cd. If you dont know how or want to then all you have to do is copy it to a file on your HD and then have it point to the file when it asks for it. Just follow the directions EXACTLY in the notorious website instructions. So sorry if I have been "hard " to understand ... I am new to this forum stuff. Charge it to my head ... not my heart!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by RobGee@23 July 2003 - 15:35
    After I d/l the copy from here ... then you burn it to a cd. If you dont know how or want to then all you have to do is copy it to a file on your HD and then have it point to the file when it asks for it. Just follow the directions EXACTLY in the notorious website instructions. So sorry if I have been "hard " to understand ... I am new to this forum stuff. Charge it to my head ... not my heart!
    I didnt mean to offend you or be rude if it seemed like I was being that way then I apologize.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Originally posted by RobGee+ 23 July 2003 - 22:35 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RobGee &#064; 23 July 2003 - 22:35 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>After I d/l the copy from here ... then you burn it to a cd. If you dont know how or want to then all you have to do is copy it to a file on your HD and then have it point to the file when it asks for it. Just follow the directions EXACTLY in the notorious website instructions. So sorry if I have been "hard " to understand ... I am new to this forum stuff. Charge it to my head ... not my heart&#33;[/b]

Aah bless Don&#39;t worry about it mate.

Thing is though (and what shn is getting at), the version of OfficeXP we are all talking about is an exe file not an ISO. Therefore, whether it is burned to cd or saved in explorer will not make any difference. Of course, this does not mean that your advice will not work. Just that, burning an exe to cd is pointless.

I thank you for your continuing advice, although i must admit i haven&#39;t tried it yet. To be honest, i was waiting to see if shn could get it to work. By the sounds of it, our friend is losing his rag a bit, so i&#39;m not getting my hopes up.

I have Office 2000 pro sr-1 installed anyway, of which i do have an iso. Maybe this weekend i&#39;ll try it out, this week though i&#39;ve had too much else to do. I&#39;d like to get the new Office working, if only because it took me so bloody long to download it (56k&#33.

Thanks Rob, and shn for being my research assistant . Cheers to you both.

ps.
    <!--QuoteBegin-RobGee
    @ 23 July 2003 - 22:35
    Charge it to my head ... not my heart&#33; [/quote]
    What nationality are you mate? I really like this.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY (USA) and I am a Puerto Rican by nationality/race. So I guess that makes me an American New Yorican (lol)

By the way ... I was not offended ... it will take more than a K-lite forum to get me all riled up ... I am sorry if I mislead anyone. It wasn&#39;t my intention.

Blessings to all ... and may the good winds of p2ping always be blowing with you and not against you&#33;

B) B)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    i had this problem too. im fact i spent some hours tying to see what cause it. the reason that i think this was happening was because the version from kazaa isnt one that can have sp applied if u look at the build number

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123